A question

Michel Beauregard
I am a bit puzzled and google dont seem to be able to help me here.
On grid running 090RC2  I wanted to create a new account as follows:

R.O.B.U.S.T.# create user
First name [Default]: gimisa
Last name [User]: bot
Password:
Email []: [hidden email]
User ID [ca7c51f8-310a-4cfb-9ba8-4d06f0287eb2]:
Model name []:
09:59:48 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Unable to set password for account gimisa bot.
09:59:48 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Unable to retrieve home region for account gimisa bot.
09:59:48 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Account gimisa bot ca7c51f8-310a-4cfb-9ba8-4d06f0287eb2 created successfully

Not retreiving home region is normal but not being able to create password is puzzling me . Reset Password is not able to change password neither.

R.O.B.U.S.T.# reset user password
First name: gimisa
Last name: bot
New password:
Unable to reset password for account gimisa bot.

Access from exisiting user and from HG users coming in is no problem.

Reseting existing password is ALSO a problem.
R.O.B.U.S.T.# reset user password
First name: gimisa
Last name: cerise
New password:
Unable to reset password for account gimisa cerise.

I suspect that the user account database is the problem. It was imported using mysql dump database to transfer the user database information to a new setup. I suspect this behing the cause of the malfunction. Am I correct? And if so what is the migration solution in this case?

Hope someone can point me in the correct direction as to what could prevent password initiation.

GiMiSa

authentication service

Michel Beauregard
Digging deeper into my new user creation problem  I found that my problem is in the way I split the service from the remaining of services in my two instance of robust server.

The reference on how to do that is here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Shared_Services_Configuration

The situation is that the new user creation process don’t reach the auth database to create the password entry .
The userAccount configuration is as follow with connector to authentication service on the other robust instance.

[UserAccountService]
    ; for the server connector
    LocalServiceModule = "OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:UserAccountService"
    ; Realm = "useraccounts"

    ; These are for creating new accounts by the service
    AuthenticationService = "OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:AuthenticationServiceConnector"

[AuthenticationService]
    AuthenticationServerURI = "http://192.168.2.xxx:yyyy"

The other robust instance authentication service is as default local to that robust instance.

The new user is created normally in userAccount database and If I add manually  the password  entry in the auth database  of the other robust instance everything works fine.

Thanks for your time reading this ...
GiMiSa

authentication service

Michel Beauregard

So I found an answer for the following problem where UserAccountService and AuthenticationService are run on separate robust instances  :

R.O.B.U.S.T.# create user
First name [Default]: gimisa
Last name [User]: cerise
Password:
Email []:
User ID [5eb242ab-da3c-46df-9aab-a936895b9827]:
Model name []:
06:51:33 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Unable to set password for account gimisa cerise.
06:51:34 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Created user inventory for gimisa cerise
06:51:34 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Creating default appearance items for 5eb242ab-da3c-46df-9aab-a936895b9827
06:51:35 - [USER ACCOUNT SERVICE]: Account gimisa cerise 5eb242ab-da3c-46df-9aab-a936895b9827 created successfully

as far as I can tell separating UserAccountService from AuthenticationService is not allowed.
I am taking this conclusion from the following traces done on opensim source

opensim-0.9.0.0-rc2-source/OpenSim/Services/UserAccountService/UserAccountService.cs
Image insérée

Where  opensim-0.9.0.0-rc2-source/OpenSim/Services/Connectors/Authentication/AuthenticationServicesConnector.cs leads to return false on set password:

Image insérée

I suppose there is security reason not to allow  this separation though  these service are accessible on lan port only  .

I did not find any documentation that some  service MUST be combined to work correctly  If someone could confirm I am correct I will add  this restriction to opensimulator.org web documentation  for at least this combination.

Hope it helps
GiMiSa