AVatar camera shaking on slope terrain.

R.Gunther
I have annoying problem, seen it for a while. checked it just again.
When am walking on terrain with slope especially so its going up or down.
The camare start to shake many times heavy, It's annoying.
This is with bullet and my avatar is a normal size (1.8 meters)

How can i fix the shaking. ?  Or is tehre some bug ?

Re: AVatar camera shaking on slope terrain.

James Hughes
I have seen this with undersized quadruped avatars as well. I was told
that 0.7.6 did not do this. I have checked with Bullet and ODE physics
engines on master/dev, but not on 0.7.6. I am making preparations to
setup a test environment on 0.7.6, then bisect to find the break (if
0.7.6 indeed works). It would be great to hear if any others have seen
proper behavior on 0.7.6.

Thanks,
BlueWall

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 23:23 +0100, R.Gunther wrote:

> I have annoying problem, seen it for a while. checked it just again.
> When am walking on terrain with slope especially so its going up or down.
> The camare start to shake many times heavy, It's annoying.
> This is with bullet and my avatar is a normal size (1.8 meters)
>
> How can i fix the shaking. ?  Or is tehre some bug ?

Re: AVatar camera shaking on slope terrain.

R.Gunther
I think it worked fine on older versions. Now useing 0.8.1

On 2015-03-24 01:47, James Hughes wrote:

> I have seen this with undersized quadruped avatars as well. I was told
> that 0.7.6 did not do this. I have checked with Bullet and ODE physics
> engines on master/dev, but not on 0.7.6. I am making preparations to
> setup a test environment on 0.7.6, then bisect to find the break (if
> 0.7.6 indeed works). It would be great to hear if any others have seen
> proper behavior on 0.7.6.
>
> Thanks,
> BlueWall
>
> On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 23:23 +0100, R.Gunther wrote:
>> I have annoying problem, seen it for a while. checked it just again.
>> When am walking on terrain with slope especially so its going up or down.
>> The camare start to shake many times heavy, It's annoying.
>> This is with bullet and my avatar is a normal size (1.8 meters)
>>
>> How can i fix the shaking. ?  Or is tehre some bug ?

Re: AVatar camera shaking on slope terrain.

James Hughes
I was able to locate the commits that introduced this, posting the
details in http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7535 .

Before those commits, all avatars were positioned above the terrain and
after these, normal avatars are in about the right position.
Non-standard avatars are positioned with feet into the terrain and
bounce and jerk along when they move.

-BlueWall