Avatar appearance using SL viewer 2

Olli Aro
Administrator

Hi all,

Been testing more with SL viewer 2 against the latest version of OpenSim and am having problems with the avatar appearance changes persisting. For example after a server restart the following might happen:

1)      The avatar reverts back to a female shape

2)      The avatar might not be wearing some of the body parts or clothes on the next login

3)      Also couple of times some of the body parts or clothes have completely disappeared from the inventory

Anyone else experiencing problems like this? I have tested with only with standalone configurations so far.

Regards,

Olli

Re: Avatar appearance using SL viewer 2

Bri Hasp
Hi,

No persistence issue, I use a TPV for eye candy - shadowing features. (r13672,standalone instance, Win7/nVidia295)
The S20 - v33 is an improved viewer2 experience to LL's.

Bri

Re: Avatar appearance using SL viewer 2

justincc
On 23/08/10 12:36, Olli Aro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Been testing more with SL viewer 2 against the latest version of OpenSim
> and am having problems with the avatar appearance changes persisting.
> For example after a server restart the following might happen:
>
> 1) The avatar reverts back to a female shape
>
> 2) The avatar might not be wearing some of the body parts or clothes on
> the next login
>
> 3) Also couple of times some of the body parts or clothes have
> completely disappeared from the inventory

I haven't seen these issues myself, though I haven't done extensive testing.  Clearly, there are issues that still need
to be addressed.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org

Re: Avatar appearance using SL viewer 2

Karen Palen
I submitted two Mantis reports to Meta 7 since I have not seen this on other worlds, but I have seen body parts and attached objects dissapearing and reappearing on login, and also several instances of permissions being changed when an object is transferred between users.

I have no idea whether this is restricted to M7 or not so I have not filed an OpenSImulator Mantis on these issues.

Neither issue appears related to the viewer used (Imprudence, Hippo and M7 custom viewer were used in tests).

M7 uses OS V0.7.0

0000277
Item permissions get changed when box of items is transferred
Permissions - 2010-08-23 12:55
0000120
Objects are re-attached by TP and login
[All Projects] Other - 2010-08-23 12:39

Karen

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23/08/10 12:36, Olli Aro wrote:
Hi all,

Been testing more with SL viewer 2 against the latest version of OpenSim
and am having problems with the avatar appearance changes persisting.
For example after a server restart the following might happen:

1) The avatar reverts back to a female shape

2) The avatar might not be wearing some of the body parts or clothes on
the next login

3) Also couple of times some of the body parts or clothes have
completely disappeared from the inventory

I haven't seen these issues myself, though I haven't done extensive testing.  Clearly, there are issues that still need to be addressed.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc

UpdateTexture or UpdateTextureEntry - OpenSim 0.7

Gajananan Kugamoorthy
Hello OpenSim Developers,

I am using UpdateTexture function in SceneObjectPart class of OpenSim.  I have RGB values in 1-255 scale, then I convert it to  0 - 1 scale in my code
For example :

                             Primitive.TextureEntry tex = p.Shape.Textures; ( p is  a 'SceneObjectPart')
                             Color4 texcolor;
                             float r = 142,  g = 255, b = 142

                             texcolor.R = Util.Clip(r, 0.0f, 1.0f);
                             texcolor.G = Util.Clip(g, 0.0f, 1.0f);
                             texcolor.B = Util.Clip(b, 0.0f, 1.0f);

                            tex.FaceTextures[k].RGBA = texcolor;
                            p.UpdateTexture(tex);

When I used the color combination  <142, 255, 142>, I expected a light blue color , however what I can see in the world for the prim that I set the color is light green.

I noticed this problem in earlier versions of OpenSim as well.

Does anybody face problem like this ?  I would greatly appreciate if someone could share their experience.

Best
Gajan

Re: UpdateTexture or UpdateTextureEntry - OpenSim 0.7

Melanie-2
This works as designed. The middle (green!) component is strongest,
so the prim WILL be light green. Why you would expect light blue is
beyond me.

Melanie

Gajananan Kugamoorthy wrote:

> Hello OpenSim Developers,
>
> I am using UpdateTexture function in SceneObjectPart class of OpenSim.  I have
> RGB values in 1-255 scale, then I convert it to  0 - 1 scale in my code
>
> For example :
>
>                              Primitive.TextureEntry tex = p.Shape.Textures; ( p
> is  a 'SceneObjectPart')
>                              Color4 texcolor;
>                              float r = 142,  g = 255, b = 142
>
>                              texcolor.R = Util.Clip(r, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>                              texcolor.G = Util.Clip(g, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>                              texcolor.B = Util.Clip(b, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>
>                             tex.FaceTextures[k].RGBA = texcolor;
>                             p.UpdateTexture(tex);
>

> When I used the color combination  <142, 255, 142>, I expected a light blue
> color , however what I can see in the world for the prim that I set the color is
> light green.
>
> I noticed this problem in earlier versions of OpenSim as well.
>
> Does anybody face problem like this ?  I would greatly appreciate if someone
> could share their experience.
>
> Best
> Gajan

Re: UpdateTexture or UpdateTextureEntry - OpenSim 0.7

Gajananan Kugamoorthy
Hello

Thank you for your reply.

Please see the attached images , I am using some external data to create prims in the world . When I use the color information in 1 -255 range e.g. <142, 255, 142> (with the color light blue I see in the external data) from external data and  use that color information  to create a prim  in the world,  I get the  light green prim. There are more example like (yellow is seen as pink). In my case, maintaining the color information is vital.

I thought , there should not be any changes in the color format. I agree that middle one is strongest. But what I dont get is that why there is a change in color.

Best
Gajan

This works as designed. The middle (green!) component is strongest,
so the prim WILL be light green. Why you would expect light blue is
beyond me.

Melanie

Gajananan Kugamoorthy wrote:

> Hello OpenSim Developers,
>
> I am using UpdateTexture function in SceneObjectPart class of OpenSim.  I have
> RGB values in 1-255 scale, then I convert it to  0 - 1 scale in my code
>
> For example :
>
>                              Primitive.TextureEntry tex = p.Shape.Textures; ( p
> is  a 'SceneObjectPart')
>                              Color4 texcolor;
>                              float r = 142,  g = 255, b = 142
>
>                              texcolor.R = Util.Clip(r, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>                              texcolor.G = Util.Clip(g, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>                              texcolor.B = Util.Clip(b, 0.0f, 1.0f);
>
>                            tex.FaceTextures[k].RGBA = texcolor;
>                            p.UpdateTexture(tex);
>

> When I used the color combination  <142, 255, 142>, I expected a light blue
> color , however what I can see in the world for the prim that I set the color is
> light green.
>
> I noticed this problem in earlier versions of OpenSim as well.
>
> Does anybody face problem like this ?  I would greatly appreciate if someone
> could share their experience.
>
> Best
> Gajan

Blue.JPG (2K) Download Attachment
Green.JPG (1K) Download Attachment

Re: UpdateTexture or UpdateTextureEntry - OpenSim 0.7

Marck-2
Hello Gajananan,

R=142, G=255, B=142 is a light green color.
R=142, G=142, B=255 is a light blue color.

If OpenSim shows you in world RGB=<142, 255, 142>  as a light green color then this is the expected behaviour.

If you are seeing a light blue with your external application, then this external application apparently swaps the values for G and B. Seeing yellow as pink is another hint that the values for G and B are swapped.

Gajananan Kugamoorthy wrote:

> Hello
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Please see the attached images , I am using some external data to create
> prims in the world . When I use the color information in 1 -255 range
> e.g. <142, 255, 142> (with the color light blue I see in the external
> data) from external data and use that color information to create a prim
> in the world, I get the light green prim. There are more example like
> (yellow is seen as pink). In my case, maintaining the color information
> is vital.
>
> I thought , there should not be any changes in the color format. I agree
> that middle one is strongest. But what I dont get is that why there is a
> change in color.
>
> Best
> Gajan

Hello Marck,

That was an excellent observation, that is what exactly the problem I had. Now I swap the values of G & B, I get the color almost close to what I saw in the external application.

Thank you very much for pinpointing this to me promptly.

Best
Gajan

R=142, G=255, B=142 is a light green color.
R=142, G=142, B=255 is a light blue color.

If OpenSim shows you in world RGB=<142, 255, 142>  as a light green color then this is the expected behaviour.

If you are seeing a light blue with your external application, then this external application apparently swaps the values for G and B. Seeing yellow as pink is another hint that the values for G and B are swapped.

Gajananan Kugamoorthy wrote:

> Hello
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Please see the attached images , I am using some external data to create
> prims in the world . When I use the color information in 1 -255 range
> e.g. <142, 255, 142> (with the color light blue I see in the external
> data) from external data and use that color information to create a prim
> in the world, I get the light green prim. There are more example like
> (yellow is seen as pink). In my case, maintaining the color information
> is vital.
>
> I thought , there should not be any changes in the color format. I agree
> that middle one is strongest. But what I dont get is that why there is a
> change in color.
>
> Best
> Gajan

Mic Bowman
Note: this is for those migrating from earlier versions of opensim...

Just a few things I found today by looking through inventory dumps (IAR) and modifying/reloading them... some of the older items do not have the correct "Flags" values. I really can't figure out a particular logic to how those values were assigned, but they seem to be critical to the typing of appearance items (shirts must have the shirts flags, shapes must have the shapes flags etc). Even if the asset & inventory types are correct. (And you'll know its broken because the icons in the inventory view will be wrong).

Once I fixed all the flags and reloaded the inventory I no longer had any appearance problems.

--mic

[...]

Ok have now had time to produce a proper test case for the problem I am facing.

Environment:

OpenSim version: OpenSim head revision from today

OpenSim mode: Standalone

OS: Windows XP

Database: sqlite and mysql

Test sequence 1 using the latest SL viewer:

1)      Create a new user via console

2)      Login the user

Following messages appear in the log:

08:28:50 - [SCENE]: Received request for wearables of test test

08:28:53 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 66c

41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-585989bfaba9

08:28:53 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-585989bfabc9

08:28:53 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id d34

2e6c1-b9d2-11dc-95ff-0800200c9a66

08:28:53 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-585989bf0000

08:28:53 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-5859892f1111

08:29:04 - [GENERICMESSAGE]: Not handling GenericMessage with method-type of: av

atarpicksrequest

3)      Added all body parts and shirt and pants

4)      Wear all of the above (side note: it seems like the eyes never show up in viewer 2. Anyone else noticed this?)

5)      Changed the sex to male

6)      Logout (please see file inventory_after_avatar_creation.csv for database state)

7)      Login the avatar

Avatar appears naked and the following appears in the log:

08:41:55 - [GENERICMESSAGE]: Not handling GenericMessage with method-type of: av

atarpicksrequest

8)      Wear clothes again

9)      Logout (please see file inventory_after_relogin.csv for database state)

10)   Quit OpenSim

11)   Start OpenSim

12)   Login the avatar

All inventory items appear ok but the avatar has reverted to female and the following in the log:

08:48:40 - [GENERICMESSAGE]: Not handling GenericMessage with method-type of: av

atarpicksrequest

Test sequence 2 using the latest SL viewer:

Exactly like sequence 1 but restarted the server after step 6. Exactly the same results so this does not seem to be related to persisting the data at server shutdown.

Test sequence 3 using older version 1 SL viewer:

When wearing any item things seem to work fine in the UI but I get the following errors in the log:

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: AvatarIsWearing

10:48:18 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 66c

41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-585989bfaba9

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: Can't find inventory item 66c41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-58598

9bfaba9 for Shape, setting to default

10:48:18 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-585989bfabc9

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: Can't find inventory item 77c41e39-38f9-f75a-024e-58598

9bfabc9 for Skin, setting to default

10:48:18 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id d34

2e6c1-b9d2-11dc-95ff-0800200c9a66

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: Can't find inventory item d342e6c1-b9d2-11dc-95ff-08002

00c9a66 for Hair, setting to default

10:48:18 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-585989bf0000

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: Can't find inventory item 77c41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-58598

9bf0000 for Shirt, setting to default

10:48:18 - [LOCAL INVENTORY SERVICES CONNECTOR]: Could not find item with id 77c

41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-5859892f1111

10:48:18 - [APPEARANCE]: Can't find inventory item 77c41e39-38f9-f75a-0000-58598

92f1111 for Pants, setting to default

After steps 7 and 12 all appears ok and is worn.

Conclusion:

Maybe someone else is able to find something more from the information above but what stands out for me is that with viewer 2 we always get the following message in the logs:

08:41:55 - [GENERICMESSAGE]: Not handling GenericMessage with method-type of: avatarpicksrequest

While with viewer 1 that line is not there.

Regards,

Olli

inventory_after_avatar_creation.csv (4K) Download Attachment
inventory_after_relogin.csv (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Avatar appearance using SL viewer 2

Fly Man
AvatarPicksRequest is when the profile of an avatar is being requested, to be exact the Picks of that user.

OpenSim.Profile is one of the modules that grabs this message in order to show the Picks that the user has

Fly-Man-