Cloning avatar

Olli Aro
Administrator

Hi all,

Does anyone know how I can copy the appearance of an existing user to a newly created user? With older version of OpenSim I used to do this by copying the rows in “avatars” database table. However, this no longer seems to work with the latest version of OpenSim.

Do, I now also have to copy across the inventory items, so they are “visible” to the newly created user?

Regards,

Olli

Re: Cloning avatar

Robert L martin
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Olli Aro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Does anyone know how I can copy the appearance of an existing user to a
> newly created user? With older version of OpenSim I used to do this by
> copying the rows in “avatars” database table. However, this no longer seems
> to work with the latest version of OpenSim.

i think the cleanest way to do this now is to stick everything in a
folder and then create an IAR

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Cloning avatar

Olli Aro
Administrator
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the info. It is possible to do that from eg call to the
RemoteAdmin? The problem I have is that I need to do this from an external
RubyOnRails application, hence used to do it before by directly manipulating
the database.

Regards,

Olli

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Olli Aro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Does anyone know how I can copy the appearance of an existing user to
> a newly created user? With older version of OpenSim I used to do this
> by copying the rows in "avatars" database table. However, this no
> longer seems to work with the latest version of OpenSim.

i think the cleanest way to do this now is to stick everything in a folder
and then create an IAR

--
Robert L Martin

Re: Cloning avatar

Kevin Cozens
On 12-03-07 08:15 AM, Olli Aro wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can copy the appearance of an existing user to a
> newly created user? With older version of OpenSim I used to do this by
> copying the rows in "avatars" database table.

That should be all you need to do. Keep in mind that the current version of
OpenSim uses multiple rows per avatar for the full set of appearance data.

> Do, I now also have to copy across the inventory items, so they are
> "visible" to the newly created user?

If you don't copy the wearable items to inventory the avatar will not be
able to reset their appearance to what you provide after they change to some
other set of wearables.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: Cloning avatar

Robert L martin
On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Olli Aro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for the info. It is possible to do that from eg call to the
> RemoteAdmin? The problem I have is that I need to do this from an external
> RubyOnRails application, hence used to do it before by directly manipulating
> the database.

im not sure how much of the console do you have access to

--
Robert L Martin