Everything that has a beginning has an end

Everything that has a beginning has an end

justincc
Hi folks,

As some of you may have noticed, my last OpenSimulator commit was in May, and before that in March.  I have also not
been on the mailing list or responsive to personal e-mails, for which I apologise.

Unfortunately, for various reasons (some of which I'm still trying to work out, to be honest) my motivation to work in
this area has gone away.  Perhaps it's just the normal passage of time and evolving interests - it has been 8 years
after all!

I'm now working in the area of data integration for genetics and synthetic biology, an even more insanely complex system
and perhaps ultimately frustrating since you can't just go and code an organism (at least, not yet).  We shall see.

I do hope to keep up with the mailing lists and e-mail to this account, at least much better than recently.  However,
although I remain a core committer, at least for now, in the immediate future code commits from me will be extremely
sparse.  I will also probably not be reviewing code changes in general.

I am also resigning with immediate effect as president of Overte, which is going away as a formal legal organization
anyway (see other e-mails for more details on that).

It's been a wild 8 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Huge thanks to everybody who has supported OpenSimulator
and me personally in that time.  I wish you all the best and I'm sure OpenSimulator and the Metaverse in general will
have a great future

I made a blog post at [1] those this is pretty much what I said above.

No flowers.

[1] http://justincc.org/blog/2015/08/09/everything-that-has-a-beginning-has-an-end/

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting

Re: Everything that has a beginning has an end

Cinder Roxley
Thank you for everything you’ve done Justin and best wishes on your new path. Hope to see you around!

--
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail

On August 9, 2015 at 12:38:31 PM, Justin Clark-Casey ([hidden email]) wrote:

[...]

best to you sir and many tks

Michel Beauregard
Thanks for everything you done in those 8 years,  congratulation and best of luck in your new carrier.

You might not have much time to read but in case you do.  I love the reading of the following book by Martin Nowak, one of the world’s experts on evolution and game theory. He has done computer simulation of organism and studied among other things  different cancer type . Not that you will learn any programming trick as I am sure you on top of that but more of a thinking appreach to these problems.

SuperCooperators,
http://www.amazon.ca/SuperCooperators-Altruism-Evolution-Other-Succeed/dp/1451626630

GiMiSa

Re: Everything that has a beginning has an end

Butch Arnold
Hi Justin,

I wish you the best.. thank you for all of your contributions to this
project.
Thank you for the many questions you've answered for me and the help
you've provided over the years.

Hope to still see you around from time to time.

Terry Ford
aka: Butch Arnold

On 8/9/2015 2:38 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> As some of you may have noticed, my last OpenSimulator commit was in
> May, and before that in March.  I have also not been on the mailing
> list or responsive to personal e-mails, for which I apologise.
>
> Unfortunately, for various reasons (some of which I'm still trying to
> work out, to be honest) my motivation to work in this area has gone
> away.  Perhaps it's just the normal passage of time and evolving
> interests - it has been 8 years after all!
>
> I'm now working in the area of data integration for genetics and
> synthetic biology, an even more insanely complex system and perhaps
> ultimately frustrating since you can't just go and code an organism
> (at least, not yet).  We shall see.
>
> I do hope to keep up with the mailing lists and e-mail to this
> account, at least much better than recently.  However, although I
> remain a core committer, at least for now, in the immediate future
> code commits from me will be extremely sparse.  I will also probably
> not be reviewing code changes in general.
>
> I am also resigning with immediate effect as president of Overte,
> which is going away as a formal legal organization anyway (see other
> e-mails for more details on that).
>
> It's been a wild 8 years and I wouldn't have it any other way. Huge
> thanks to everybody who has supported OpenSimulator and me personally
> in that time.  I wish you all the best and I'm sure OpenSimulator and
> the Metaverse in general will have a great future
>
> I made a blog post at [1] those this is pretty much what I said above.
>
> No flowers.
>
> [1]
> http://justincc.org/blog/2015/08/09/everything-that-has-a-beginning-has-an-end/

Re: Everything that has a beginning has an end

Fly Man
Goodmorning,

Many will remember you as 1 of the many people that worked on Opensim but to us, the people that got to meet you in person, you were a person
that made Opensim what it has become today.

You will be missed and I hope OSGrid will name 1 of their Portals in honour of all the work you did.

Thanks for all the work you did in the past 8 years and best described by an old Dutch saying:

"There is a time of arriving and a time of leaving. And the time of leaving has arrived for me"

PS: So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

[...]

Kevin Cozens
On 15-08-09 02:38 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> Unfortunately, for various reasons (some of which I'm still trying to work
> out, to be honest) my motivation to work in this area has gone away.
> Perhaps it's just the normal passage of time and evolving interests - it has
> been 8 years after all!
>
> I'm now working in the area of data integration for genetics and synthetic
> biology, an even more insanely complex system and perhaps ultimately
> frustrating since you can't just go and code an organism (at least, not
> yet).  We shall see.

Thank you for all the work you have done on the Open Simulator project. I
hope you have fun in your new job and enjoy the challenges it may throw your
way.

If you ever feel nostalgic, you know where to find us on a Tuesday.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick