FSAssets

Ai Austin-2
Hi everyone... just catching up after a few weeks away.

Are there any notes on FSAssets and how that module compares to the
default asset mechanism?

Is it advantageous to use FSAssets in all cases once its tested and working?

I have reported what seems to be an issue with the
Include-AssetConfig line in Robust[.HG].ini even for the default
original asset handler case... maybe just a Windows issue?

Re: FSAssets

Melanie-2
FSAssets is not recommended for all grids. If a grid is not planning
to grow to more than 50GB of assets, the standard asset service is
easier to set up and manage.

FSAssets is specifically designed for large grids.

- Melanie

On 20/07/2015 16:11, Ai Austin wrote:

> Hi everyone... just catching up after a few weeks away.
>
> Are there any notes on FSAssets and how that module compares to the
> default asset mechanism?
>
> Is it advantageous to use FSAssets in all cases once its tested and working?
>
> I have reported what seems to be an issue with the
> Include-AssetConfig line in Robust[.HG].ini even for the default
> original asset handler case... maybe just a Windows issue?
>
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7644

Re: FSAssets

Robert L martin
pardon the sidebar but does anybody know where there is an IAR or OAR
with some good Mesh avatars??

(of course if anybody is working on doing a good diverse set of
avatars chime in)

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Melanie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FSAssets is not recommended for all grids. If a grid is not planning
> to grow to more than 50GB of assets, the standard asset service is
> easier to set up and manage.
>
> FSAssets is specifically designed for large grids.
>
> - Melanie
>
> On 20/07/2015 16:11, Ai Austin wrote:
>> Hi everyone... just catching up after a few weeks away.
>>
>> Are there any notes on FSAssets and how that module compares to the
>> default asset mechanism?
>>
>> Is it advantageous to use FSAssets in all cases once its tested and working?
>>
>> I have reported what seems to be an issue with the
>> Include-AssetConfig line in Robust[.HG].ini even for the default
>> original asset handler case... maybe just a Windows issue?
>>
>> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7644

Robert L Martin

Re: Avatars

Melanie-2
Hi,

please ask this in opensim-users, you are more likely to get a
response there. This list is for development topics and most here
are programmers, not content creators.

- Melanie

Melanie at Mon Jul 20 19:25:13 UTC 2015 wrote:
>FSAssets is not recommended for all grids. If a grid is not planning
>to grow to more than 50GB of assets, the standard asset service is
>easier to set up and manage. FSAssets is specifically designed for large grids.

Many thanks Melanie... and I saw a post by Maria explaining a bit
about FSAssets too.

http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2015/03/avination-helps-save-osgrid-donates-cluster-storage-solution/

Thanks, Ai