FSassets - ready for testing?

Seth Nygard
Now that OSgrid has been back online for a few months I wanted to see when the FS asset system is suitably ready for testing by other testers.

Has the code been merged into the master development branch yet?
Are there any setup/configuration details that someone can follow to setup the FSasset server for testing?
If not is there is any ETA for when this may be ready for build and testing?

Since SRAS has been officially declared abandon-ware for a while now it would be good to have a working alternative for anyone that wants and/or needs it.  That can only happen however if more people can test it and help confirm its suitability based on actual testing.

Thanks
-Seth

Re: FSassets - ready for testing?

Michael Emory Cerquoni
fsassets right now is not in core it is currently a standalone module for Robust, the undocumented code is available here :

https://github.com/MelanieT/opensim-modules

right now the code itself is basically the only documentation, but if you have questions you can ask here and perhaps Melanie will be able to offer some light assistance when she can.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Seth Nygard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now that OSgrid has been back online for a few months I wanted to see when the FS asset system is suitably ready for testing by other testers.

Has the code been merged into the master development branch yet?
Are there any setup/configuration details that someone can follow to setup the FSasset server for testing?
If not is there is any ETA for when this may be ready for build and testing?

Since SRAS has been officially declared abandon-ware for a while now it would be good to have a working alternative for anyone that wants and/or needs it.  That can only happen however if more people can test it and help confirm its suitability based on actual testing.

Thanks
-Seth

Michael Emory Cerquoni

Re: FSassets - ready for testing?

Melanie-2
I have added the SQL schema and a configuration example, so it
should not be too hard to make it go.

- Melanie

On 04/07/2015 19:49, Michael Emory Cerquoni wrote:

> fsassets right now is not in core it is currently a standalone module for
> Robust, the undocumented code is available here :
>
> https://github.com/MelanieT/opensim-modules
>
> right now the code itself is basically the only documentation, but if you
> have questions you can ask here and perhaps Melanie will be able to offer
> some light assistance when she can.
>
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Seth Nygard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Now that OSgrid has been back online for a few months I wanted to see when
>> the FS asset system is suitably ready for testing by other testers.
>>
>> Has the code been merged into the master development branch yet?
>> Are there any setup/configuration details that someone can follow to setup
>> the FSasset server for testing?
>> If not is there is any ETA for when this may be ready for build and
>> testing?
>>
>> Since SRAS has been officially declared abandon-ware for a while now it
>> would be good to have a working alternative for anyone that wants and/or
>> needs it.  That can only happen however if more people can test it and help
>> confirm its suitability based on actual testing.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Seth

Re: FSassets - ready for testing?

Cinder Roxley
Any place you’d like feedback reported or is this mailing list the appropriate place? Right off the bat, I see a reference for hdfsdll in prebuild.xml but it doesn’t appear to be used in code. (and I’m not entirely sure what it is anyway, hadoop fs wrapper?) There’s also a duplicate using System.Data in FSAssetConnectorData.cs. Looks great, though!

--
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail

On July 4, 2015 at 12:53:52 PM, Melanie ([hidden email]) wrote:

I have added the SQL schema and a configuration example, so it
should not be too hard to make it go.

- Melanie

On 04/07/2015 19:49, Michael Emory Cerquoni wrote:

> fsassets right now is not in core it is currently a standalone module for
> Robust, the undocumented code is available here :
>
> https://github.com/MelanieT/opensim-modules
>
> right now the code itself is basically the only documentation, but if you
> have questions you can ask here and perhaps Melanie will be able to offer
> some light assistance when she can.
>
> On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Seth Nygard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Now that OSgrid has been back online for a few months I wanted to see when
>> the FS asset system is suitably ready for testing by other testers.
>>
>> Has the code been merged into the master development branch yet?
>> Are there any setup/configuration details that someone can follow to setup
>> the FSasset server for testing?
>> If not is there is any ETA for when this may be ready for build and
>> testing?
>>
>> Since SRAS has been officially declared abandon-ware for a while now it
>> would be good to have a working alternative for anyone that wants and/or
>> needs it. That can only happen however if more people can test it and help
>> confirm its suitability based on actual testing.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Seth

Re: FSassets - ready for testing?

Melanie-2
Please send a pull request for the fixes - after all, it _is_ github.

- M