FW: SL viewer 2 testing

Olli Aro
Administrator

Removed my SL2 client and reinstalled. Now the trees are working ok.

So, if anyone else fancies getting this working with the latest OpenSim then just follow the steps I outlined earlier in this email thread.

Regards,

Olli

that texture might be the water texture.. i believe it was also removed from the viewer.

chael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org

Re: FW: SL viewer 2 testing

Ai Austin-2

>From: "Olli Aro" <[hidden email]>
>Removed my SL2 client and reinstalled. Now the trees are working ok.
>
>  So, if anyone else fancies getting this working with the latest OpenSim then
>just follow the steps I outlined earlier in this email thread.

Is there a plan to include the serving of the assets required for
tress, plants (and water) in core Opensim now we have established the
textures are creative commons licence

This is a key issue in using LL Viewer 2.1.x and Snowglobe 2.1x which
are needed to use Media on a prim

Though I should note that freeswitch voice no longer works with the
2.x series viewers.

Re: FW: SL viewer 2 testing

Michael Emory Cerquoni
Yes, I made a fix and have sent it to Justin, it will include Trees, Grass, Water, Bumpmaps, and Prim Face Texture Select Crosshairs.  It should be hitting the opensim repositories any time now.

From: "Olli Aro" <[hidden email]>
Removed my SL2 client and reinstalled. Now the trees are working ok.

 So, if anyone else fancies getting this working with the latest OpenSim then
just follow the steps I outlined earlier in this email thread.

Is there a plan to include the serving of the assets required for tress, plants (and water) in core Opensim now we have established the textures are creative commons licence

This is a key issue in using LL Viewer 2.1.x and Snowglobe 2.1x which are needed to use Media on a prim

Though I should note that freeswitch voice no longer works with the 2.x series viewers.

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org

Re: FW: SL viewer 2 testing

justincc
On 18/08/10 20:58, Michael Cerquoni wrote:
> Yes, I made a fix and have sent it to Justin, it will include Trees,
> Grass, Water, Bumpmaps, and Prim Face Texture Select Crosshairs.  It
> should be hitting the opensim repositories any time now.

Yes, just done in master revision 11db33d.  Many thanks to everybody who helped sort this out.

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>         From: "Olli Aro" <[hidden email]
>         <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>         Removed my SL2 client and reinstalled. Now the trees are working ok.
>
>           So, if anyone else fancies getting this working with the
>         latest OpenSim then
>         just follow the steps I outlined earlier in this email thread.
>

>     Is there a plan to include the serving of the assets required for
>     tress, plants (and water) in core Opensim now we have established
>     the textures are creative commons licence
>
>     This is a key issue in using LL Viewer 2.1.x and Snowglobe 2.1x
>     which are needed to use Media on a prim
>
>     Though I should note that freeswitch voice no longer works with the
>     2.x series viewers.

> Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: FW: SL viewer 2 testing

Ai Austin-2

>On 18/08/10 20:58, Michael Cerquoni wrote:
> > Yes, I made a fix and have sent it to Justin, it will include Trees,
> > Grass, Water, Bumpmaps, and Prim Face Texture Select Crosshairs.  It
> > should be hitting the opensim repositories any time now.

>From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
>Yes, just done in master revision 11db33d.  Many thanks to everybody
>who helped sort this out.

Given this is a key element to preventing Viewer 2.1 being used
reasonably, and that viewer is now what most users have installed,
can you also make this commit into 0.7 post-fixes so its not delayed
in getting it into use Justin?  And thanks Michael.

Re: FW: SL viewer 2 testing

justincc
On 19/08/10 09:11, Ai Austin wrote:

>> On 18/08/10 20:58, Michael Cerquoni wrote:
>> > Yes, I made a fix and have sent it to Justin, it will include Trees,
>> > Grass, Water, Bumpmaps, and Prim Face Texture Select Crosshairs. It
>> > should be hitting the opensim repositories any time now.
>
>> From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
>> Yes, just done in master revision 11db33d. Many thanks to everybody
>> who helped sort this out.
>
> Given this is a key element to preventing Viewer 2.1 being used
> reasonably, and that viewer is now what most users have installed, can
> you also make this commit into 0.7 post-fixes so its not delayed in
> getting it into use Justin? And thanks Michael.

Diva merged this commit into 0.7-post-fixes yesterday.