Fitted Mesh on 8.1...... ?

Terry Ford
Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if someone might provide a bit of info pertaining to fitted mesh?

I'm terrible with mesh, know almost nothing about it, but I am trying to find out if OpenSim does indeed support "Fitted" mesh?
I have read that 8.1 does indeed support this, but users are telling me it's not working for them and I haven't a clue how to verify this?

Is fitted mesh a viewer technology only maybe supported only by specific viewers?
Does the viewer require support from the server for this feature?

Can anyone enlighten me on this topic?

Thank you.
--
With kind regards,
Terry Ford

Re: Fitted Mesh on 8.1...... ?

Cinder Roxley
On April 27, 2015 at 5:26:00 PM, Terry Ford ([hidden email]) wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if someone might provide a bit of info pertaining to fitted mesh?

I'm terrible with mesh, know almost nothing about it, but I am trying to find out if OpenSim does indeed support "Fitted" mesh?
I have read that 8.1 does indeed support this, but users are telling me it's not working for them and I haven't a clue how to verify this?

Is fitted mesh a viewer technology only maybe supported only by specific viewers?
Does the viewer require support from the server for this feature?

Can anyone enlighten me on this topic?

Thank you.

As far as I know, no server change is needed at all. “Fitted mesh” is the same as rigged mesh but contains 7 more collision bones. I could be wrong though if avatar_lad.xml has anything to do with it in opensim...
--
Cinder Roxley
Technical Director, YrGrid