ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll

Diva Canto
Hi everyone, but especially the MOSES group,

In the last MOSES patch (edcba95ab561abeedc4023c319c578d8ddd83c61), this
library (ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll) was replaced with a different
version: it used to be 2.84.0.0 and now it's 0.85.4.369.

This is causing problems with mautil, as the exe we have in bin has been
compiled with 2.84.0.0 -- that's the version that's currently in their
repo: https://github.com/mono/mono-addins/tree/master/support

Was there a reason for updating this library wrt the purpose of the
MOSES patch? Or was this unintentional? If there is a good reason, I may
try to compile mautil with the new version, otherwise I'd rather stick
with what works.

Thanks,
Diva

Re: ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll

Diva Canto
FYI, trying to compile mono addins with this other version of
SharpZipLib results in the following error:

Assembly generation failed -- Referenced assembly
'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib' does not have a strong name

Meaning that that library is not signed. The mono addins dlls are signed
by default, hence the problem. (signed libraries' dependencies must be
signed too)

Either I disable the signing of mono addins, or I'll need to do some dll
hacking, or I need to compile ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib myself and sign
it. None of these optionsare appealing to me at this point.

Again, if this change was required for the MOSES patch, I would like to
know -- nothing in the mantis suggests any connection with compression,
so I'm kind of surprised that this library was changed. If this was
unintentional, I will revert the library, so that this problem goes away
for now.At the moment, mautil that's in master is not working.

On 6/10/2015 9:01 PM, Diva Canto wrote:

> Hi everyone, but especially the MOSES group,
>
> In the last MOSES patch (edcba95ab561abeedc4023c319c578d8ddd83c61),
> this library (ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll) was replaced with a
> different version: it used to be 2.84.0.0 and now it's 0.85.4.369.
>
> This is causing problems with mautil, as the exe we have in bin has
> been compiled with 2.84.0.0 -- that's the version that's currently in
> their repo: https://github.com/mono/mono-addins/tree/master/support
>
> Was there a reason for updating this library wrt the purpose of the
> MOSES patch? Or was this unintentional? If there is a good reason, I
> may try to compile mautil with the new version, otherwise I'd rather
> stick  with what works.
>
> Thanks,
> Diva

Re: ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll

Ai Austin-2
At 13:00 11/06/2015, Dahlia Trimble  wrote:
>May want to check to see if that library is still used anywhere. Only
>places I know that use zip/zlib/whatever are mesh decompression, materials,
>and iar/oar save/load, but there may be others. I remember I changed mesh
>decompression to use System.IO.Compression probably a year or more ago. so
>it shouldn't be needed there unless someone else changed it back.

Modules mentioning zlib is definitely still used... but I am not sure
if this comes from SharpZipLib.dll. I see decompression errors for
most mesh regions where Warp3D map tile rendering is enabled...

e.g.

2015-06-10 09:02:21,655 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]:
Generating map image for Black Rock

2015-06-10 09:02:24,968 ERROR - OpenMetaverse Failed to decode mesh asset
ComponentAce.Compression.Libs.zlib.ZStreamException: inflating:
    at ComponentAce.Compression.Libs.zlib.ZOutputStream.Write(Byte[]
b1, Int32 off, Int32 len)
    at OpenMetaverse.Helpers.CopyStream(Stream input, Stream output)
    at OpenMetaverse.Helpers.ZDecompressOSD(Byte[] data)
    at OpenMetaverse.Assets.AssetMesh.Decode()

Re: ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll

Michael Heilmann
The MOSES devs did not modify that file.  You can see at https://github.com/M-O-S-E-S/opensim/commits/master/bin/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll that the only modification we have for that file in our repository is when Diva added it on Dec 29, 2014.  The hash in question doesn't even exist on our repository as we haven't updated our public github from opensim/master since then.  You can revert that file if it is problematic without it affecting our changes.

Our most recent patch was problematic.  The changes we had made had conflicts in the history, and a straight patch was not working.  Melanie and nebadon were working with us in IRC, but we could not change our merge to a rebase after the fact to generate the desired patch.  Melanie ended up just pulling from our repository instead of working with the squashed patch in order to maintain commit history.  The file may have been picked up during that pull/merge process.

Michael Heilmann

At 13:00 11/06/2015, Dahlia Trimble  wrote:
>May want to check to see if that library is still used anywhere. Only
>places I know that use zip/zlib/whatever are mesh decompression, materials,
>and iar/oar save/load, but there may be others. I remember I changed mesh
>decompression to use System.IO.Compression probably a year or more ago. so
>it shouldn't be needed there unless someone else changed it back.

Modules mentioning zlib is definitely still used... but I am not sure
if this comes from SharpZipLib.dll. I see decompression errors for
most mesh regions where Warp3D map tile rendering is enabled...

e.g.

2015-06-10 09:02:21,655 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]:
Generating map image for Black Rock

2015-06-10 09:02:24,968 ERROR - OpenMetaverse Failed to decode mesh asset
ComponentAce.Compression.Libs.zlib.ZStreamException: inflating:
    at ComponentAce.Compression.Libs.zlib.ZOutputStream.Write(Byte[]
b1, Int32 off, Int32 len)
    at OpenMetaverse.Helpers.CopyStream(Stream input, Stream output)
    at OpenMetaverse.Helpers.ZDecompressOSD(Byte[] data)
    at OpenMetaverse.Assets.AssetMesh.Decode()

Re: ICSharpCpde.SharpZipLib.dll

Diva Canto
ok, I will revert the lib, then.