Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

Ai Austin-2
A while ago there was discussion of the core "services" needed by
most grids that were gradually being implemented with at least a
simple in built scheme or modules in OpenSim Core. That included the
work by Diva and Bluewall on profiles, groups and offline IM all of
which now have default in-built versions or can have external richer
implementations.

One thing still missing is the economy or land helper... a very
simple externally served PHP file usually provides this "service"
where zero economy, zero cost classified, zero land sales, etc are used.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Economy

Bluewall I seem to recall thought that this might be able to be added
in as a core option.  Its a bit beyond my skill.  but I wonder  if
this is something that can be taken up  at some stage?

Ai (Austin)

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

Cinder Roxley
While I agree that this would be nice, I would hesitate with doing it right now. Linden Lab has stated that this area of code is on the chopping block and will be replaced this year with something newer and more secure.

-- 
Cinder Roxley
Sent with Airmail

On June 1, 2016 at 4:07:32 AM, Ai Austin ([hidden email]) wrote:

A while ago there was discussion of the core "services" needed by
most grids that were gradually being implemented with at least a
simple in built scheme or modules in OpenSim Core. That included the
work by Diva and Bluewall on profiles, groups and offline IM all of
which now have default in-built versions or can have external richer
implementations.

One thing still missing is the economy or land helper... a very
simple externally served PHP file usually provides this "service"
where zero economy, zero cost classified, zero land sales, etc are used.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Economy

Bluewall I seem to recall thought that this might be able to be added
in as a core option. Its a bit beyond my skill. but I wonder if
this is something that can be taken up at some stage?

Ai (Austin)

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

James Hughes
In reply to this post by Ai Austin-2
On Wed, 2016-06-01 at 11:03 +0100, Ai Austin wrote:

> A while ago there was discussion of the core "services" needed by
> most grids that were gradually being implemented with at least a
> simple in built scheme or modules in OpenSim Core. That included the
> work by Diva and Bluewall on profiles, groups and offline IM all of
> which now have default in-built versions or can have external richer
> implementations.
>
> One thing still missing is the economy or land helper... a very
> simple externally served PHP file usually provides this "service"
> where zero economy, zero cost classified, zero land sales, etc are used.
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Economy
>
> Bluewall I seem to recall thought that this might be able to be added
> in as a core option.  Its a bit beyond my skill.  but I wonder  if
> this is something that can be taken up  at some stage?
>
> Ai (Austin)
>
Hi Ai,

I will look into it. We are very modular and can have external code
provide these types of things as long as core contains the bare
essentials. Meanwhile, this php will probably handle basic functions w/o
currency ...

http://pastebin.com/atAmukt2

Thanks,
BlueWall
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev


_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

Ai Austin-2
In reply to this post by Ai Austin-2
At 13:00 07/06/2016, BlueWall wrote:
>Hi Ai,
>
>I will look into it. We are very modular and can have external code
>provide these types of things as long as core contains the bare
>essentials. Meanwhile, this php will probably handle basic functions w/o
>currency ...
>
>http://pastebin.com/atAmukt2


Thanks for that BlueWall. We do have functioning minimal zero
currency transactions using landtool.php on our grids served from an
external Apache/PHP setup. But as we have discussed before, it would
be great if this level of minimal support was in core as one of the
few remaining "essentials" not yet provided to everyone. Of course, I
am assuming an inbuilt URL would return what is expected and that it
does not need actual PHP support to return what is required.

Thanks again, Ai (Austin)


_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Land/Economy/Currency "Helper"

Kevin Cozens
In reply to this post by Ai Austin-2
On 16-06-01 06:03 AM, Ai Austin wrote:
> One thing still missing is the economy or land helper... a very simple
> externally served PHP file usually provides this "service" where zero
> economy, zero cost classified, zero land sales, etc are used.

The needed PHP file is usually the PHP files provided as part of the Wiredux
(opensimwi) project. AFAIK, the file is accessed by the viewer using a URL
provided by the gridinfo settings.

If something internal to OpenSim could be added to core as a replacement for
the use of an external PHP file grid owners would have to change the URLs
they give out to ones that would use a URL pointing to the grids public port.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick
_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev