Land Plot - change of owner

Ai Austin
Am I correct in thinking that there is no way yet to change the owner
of plots made in opensim regions?

I tried setting the land for sale afor zero as a means of transfer,
and that goes as far as indicating its set ready to buy, but any
attempt to but by the indicated owner ends up checking with a linden
labs land server I think.

Sakai suggested manually editing the Owner UUID of the "land" table
in the database.  That would be okay fr a small setup... but can
someone confirm that this would be a safe way to do it, and there are
no dependencies across other data base information?

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Bri Hasp
I have done that many times on OSGrid.
My procedure (right or wrong)
I set to a specific Av.. for buy 1, never tried a buy 0.
My purpose is typically for perms.

At 15:55 23/01/2009,Brianna wrote:
>I have done that many times on OSGrid.
>My procedure (right or wrong)
>I set to a specific Av.. for buy 1, never tried a buy 0.
>My purpose is typically for perms.

Did you mean this works for land transfers Brianna, or did you use
this process just for transfer of objects?  I know it works for
objects.  But when I try to transfer land  plots between avatars, I
can set them for sale (0 lindens, 1 lindenor whatever) for the
specific avatar intended, and they can see the "buy" button.  but the
n you get an error saying..

There has been an error while fetching land buying
information.  Cannot authenticate you.

I am in grid mode with 11 regions and using MySQL as the  DB.

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Michael Emory Cerquoni
its likely then you forget to specify the helperuri in your connection string for the viewer see full connection string example below:

  -loginuri http://osgrid.org:8002 -loginpage http://osgrid.org/loginscreen.php  -helperuri http://osgrid.org/

I Hope this helps

Nebadon

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Mic Bowman
the helperuri link needs to be able to expand with landtool.php (in
your example below... http://osgrid.org/landtool.php). I'm not what
needs to be enabled in that script. The opensimwi package tries to
open an xmlrpc server on the call which fails with my current ubuntu
install of apache & php.

--mic

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Nebadon Izumi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> its likely then you forget to specify the helperuri in your connection
> string for the viewer see full connection string example below:
>
>   -loginuri http://osgrid.org:8002 -loginpage
> http://osgrid.org/loginscreen.php  -helperuri http://osgrid.org/
>
> I Hope this helps
>
> Nebadon

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Michael Emory Cerquoni
i beleive you need to make sure curl installed and that php is configured to use curl.

Neb

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Teravus Ovares
In standalone, you should be able to point the helperURI at the
standalone server also for land transfers  (no server specified in the
economy section of the opensim.ini).  This is probably in the client
to check your membership level as on Agni, you can only own land on
estates and/or as a premium member.

Best Regards

Teravus

On 1/23/09, Mic Bowman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the helperuri link needs to be able to expand with landtool.php (in
> your example below... http://osgrid.org/landtool.php). I'm not what
> needs to be enabled in that script. The opensimwi package tries to
> open an xmlrpc server on the call which fails with my current ubuntu
> install of apache & php.
>
> --mic
>

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Nebadon Izumi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > its likely then you forget to specify the helperuri in your connection
> > string for the viewer see full connection string example below:
> >
> >   -loginuri http://osgrid.org:8002 -loginpage
> > http://osgrid.org/loginscreen.php  -helperuri http://osgrid.org/
> >
> > I Hope this helps
> >
> > Nebadon

Re: Land Plot - change of owner

Mic Bowman
the landtool.php in opensimwi fails on the starting the xmlrpc server (at least thats what the apache logs say). on ubuntu i needed to install the php5-xmlrpc package and everything worked just fine. oh... and the trailing '/' is required because the viewer isn't very smart about constructing the url.

--mic