Mumble Voice is Online

Volker Gaessler

As announced, vComm Solutions prepared together with Snoopy and Dreamland Metaverse the region Mumble Sandbox with mumble voice enabled.  You will need to replace SLVoice.exe in order to use the mumble integration. The installation instructions can be found here: http://whisper.vcomm.ch/forum.

The installer contains two scripts to switch between SL and mumble voice. However, for now you will have to logout, switch and re-log again. An automatic switch without the need to re-log is under work.

Even though the software seems to run very stable, the source code still contains some wild hacks. As soon as these are cleaned up, the source code of the client and the region module it will made available open source. Please check for updates here:  http://whisper.vcomm.ch/forum.

Cheers

Volker Gaessler

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

justincc
On 16/08/10 10:16, Volker Gaessler wrote:

> As announced, vComm Solutions prepared together with Snoopy and
> Dreamland Metaverse the region Mumble Sandbox with mumble voice enabled.
>   You will need to replace SLVoice.exe in order to use the mumble
> integration. The installation instructions can be found here:
> http://whisper.vcomm.ch/forum.
>
> The installer contains two scripts to switch between SL and mumble
> voice. However, for now you will have to logout, switch and re-log
> again. An automatic switch without the need to re-log is under work.
>
> Even though the software seems to run very stable, the source code still
> contains some wild hacks. As soon as these are cleaned up, the source
> code of the client and the region module it will made available open
> source. Please check for updates here: http://whisper.vcomm.ch/forum.

Very nice stuff Volker, look forward to exploring this further.  Lovely to see what you're going to open-source this.
What license are you planning on?

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Volker Gaessler

Very nice stuff Volker, look forward to exploring this further.  Lovely to
see what you're going to open-source this.
What license are you planning on?

--> not sure yet, I must take a closer look at the licenses

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Ai Austin-2

>Very nice stuff Volker, look forward to exploring this
>further.  Lovely to see what you're going to open-source this.
>What license are you planning on?

BSD (standard Opensim, licence) to make it easy and in keeping with
OpenSim I trust.  or LGPL given that is in vogue just now :-)

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/BSD_License

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Olli Aro
Administrator
Any news regarding if this functionality will be released as open source? I am very keen to see the ways to implement this for version 2 viewer, so could currently put some time into this if the source code was available under open source.

Regards,

Olli

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Volker Gaessler
Hello Olli

Finally we found some time to work on this. Server and client will be
published before Christmas.

Cheers

Volker

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Ai Austin-2

>From: "Volker Gaessler" <[hidden email]>
>Finally we found some time to work on this. Server and client will be
>published before Christmas.

Excellent Volker.  When you are ready, we would be happy to try this
out in our context on the Openvue grid and give what feedback we can.

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Ai Austin-2
Try to provide notes to help testers and configurers at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Mumble

Re: Mumble Voice is Online

Olli Aro
Administrator
Hi Volker,

Brilliant news! Looking forward to test and see how we port it to viewer2.