OAR [RegionReady}

Michel Beauregard
Seem ( never sure if my setup is faulty that is why  I dont post in mantis ) an old ghost is coming back as it seem very similar to this RegionReady group error reported in 2014 and commented by JustinCC .

With this error in 0.9.0.RC2 loading   Linda Kellie lightweight Tropical.tgz  http://zadaroo.com/?page_id=1671

 [RegionReady]: Oar file load errors: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at OpenSim.Groups.GroupsModule.GetGroupRecord (UUID GroupID) <0x41e95aa0 + 0x00064> in <filename unknown>:

When config includes Groups as follows:

[Groups]
  Enabled = true
  Module = Groups Module V2
  DebugEnabled = false
  DebugMessagingEnabled = false
  GroupsCacheTimeout = 30
  MessageOnlineUsersOnly = true
  StorageProvider = OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll
  LocalService = remote
  GroupsServerURI = http//192.168.2.108:8007

compare to :

[Groups]
  Enabled = false
  Module = Groups Module V2
  DebugEnabled = false
  DebugMessagingEnabled = false
  GroupsCacheTimeout = 30
  MessageOnlineUsersOnly = true
  StorageProvider = OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll
  LocalService = remote
  GroupsServerURI = http//192.168.2.108:8007

resulting in:
14:10:40 - [ARCHIVER]: Restored 208 scene objects to the scene
14:10:40 - [ARCHIVER]: Successfully loaded archive

thanks for you attention if valuable to you .

GiMiSa

(no subject)

AJLDuarte

Hi,

As many already know, we made major changes to permissions and rights to do things.
This work is still going on, but master branch on Git seems now in a state where we can ask for your help on testing this changes.

Try it in regions and grids and/or with objects where permissions loss is not important or can be fix easy with god level.
specially DO NOT try on live commercial grids.

I should try to list changes but I will not.
I would fail and would risk focusing your attention on limited aspects.

a few notes however:
- parcel gods are gone. If you need make him/her Estate Manager also.
- object (root and parts) contents permissions do count more for global object permissions/rights. (next owner, group share, anyone) Be more careful with object deed to group, you may loss all rights.
- a very ugly hack was added to only use object anyone copy on old objects (ignoring contents). New ones need to have it set on all contents. This should reduce problems with some freebies in worlds.
- group share may mean more owner rights sharing with all the members of the object group. Be careful on what you are offering to group members.
- friend rights to modify our objects may have more owner rights sharing.
- group roles/abilities changes only have effect on next login of the member/members (like before).
- rezzer boxes, vending machines and alike maybe tricky
- HG had no specific change, it is affected by the effects of the changes
- Export permission is at least as bad as before
- …

This is also (almost) the current main text on http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8159

Where comments or problems can be reported, more complex ones can have their own mantis issue.

Thanks.

Leal Duarte (Ubit)

Permissions changes

AJLDuarte

[...]

Ps: ps this is a resend of a previous message, with correct subject and  reference to a unrelated one

Re: OAR [RegionReady}

AJLDuarte

Sorry missed this till now

Please use mantis, we ( at least me) look more often to it than emails

Form the errors you show in can’t guess the cause

Will need a bit more information, possible next lines if available

Regards

Ubit

Re: OAR [RegionReady}

Michel Beauregard
Well  UBIT if you would like to repeat that error on your side using 090RC2 the process is two steps :

1) set groups as follows:
[Groups]
  Enabled = true
  Module = Groups Module V2
  DebugEnabled = false
  DebugMessagingEnabled = false
  GroupsCacheTimeout = 30
  MessageOnlineUsersOnly = true
  StorageProvider = OpenSim.Data.MySQL.dll
  LocalService = remote
  GroupsServerURI = http//192.168.2.108:8007 <<< whatever is yours
2) load   Linda Kellie lightweight Tropical.tgz  http://zadaroo.com/?page_id=1671

if you have no error consider case close its probably only my problem.
If you do well thank you for looking at it.

GiMiSa

Re: OAR [RegionReady}

AJLDuarte

Plz check on log if you have something like "[Groups]: Could not get IGroupsServicesConnector"

If so, you have a problem on configuration files on config-include

Ubit