[OT] Convention about virtual worlds and education in Florence

[OT] Convention about virtual worlds and education in Florence

r.macis
Sorry for being my first post an OT, I think this is the best place for this.
The Italian National Institute for Documentation, Innovation and
Educational Research (INDIRE http://www.indire.it) that depends on the
Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research and that manages
the educational OpenSim grid EdMondo
(http://slw.indire.it:8002/wifi/index.html), is organizing a convention
about virtual worlds and education in Florence on 16th October.
They would like to invite (in person if from Europe or in videoconference
if from other continents) one of the core developers of OpenSim to explain
to an audience of italian teachers (not on the technical side) what would
be the future of OpenSim mainly for educational purposes also comapared to
other virtualization systems (Second Life, Unity etc.).
For suggestions just contact me.

[Region Module] Raspberry Pi2 GPIO Data

marcus.link
Hi everyone,

I am in need of a few hints how to approach 'utilizing sensor data of
Raspberry Pi2 GPIO pins'. The simulator is running on the same
Raspberry.

Do we have someone who already did something like that?
What would be a reasonable start?

Thx.

Regards,

Marcus
(Fim Fischer)

attachment0 (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [Region Module] Raspberry Pi2 GPIO Data

Melanie-2
You can quite easily build a region module that uses a
managed-to-native interface to access ports.
Alternatively, the port access can be done by a native program and
the data communicated to the module via IPC.

- Melanie

On 04/09/2015 00:12, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in need of a few hints how to approach 'utilizing sensor data of
> Raspberry Pi2 GPIO pins'. The simulator is running on the same
> Raspberry.
>
> Do we have someone who already did something like that?
> What would be a reasonable start?
>
> Thx.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marcus
> (Fim Fischer)

Re: [Region Module] Raspberry Pi2 GPIO Data

Dahlia Trimble
Or if the port can be mapped to a device file and the amount of data thruput you want is relatively low, you could use something like a cgi script to read/write the port and then read it in a script via llHttpRequest()

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Melanie <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can quite easily build a region module that uses a
managed-to-native interface to access ports.
Alternatively, the port access can be done by a native program and
the data communicated to the module via IPC.

- Melanie

On 04/09/2015 00:12, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in need of a few hints how to approach 'utilizing sensor data of
> Raspberry Pi2 GPIO pins'. The simulator is running on the same
> Raspberry.
>
> Do we have someone who already did something like that?
> What would be a reasonable start?
>
> Thx.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marcus
> (Fim Fischer)

Re: [Region Module] Raspberry Pi2 GPIO Data

Melanie-2
RPI ports do not map to device files.

- Melanie