OpenSim mantis - Resolved and Closed

Ai Austin-2
I was just taking a look at the outstanding open issues that I have
reported on mantis and a few were marked as resolved but not
closed.  Of course its useful sometimes to leave issues open for a
while after they are thought to be resolved in case there might be
feedback and checks that the resolution created works.  Using the
mantis "Close Immediately" tick box is not always a good choice where
that is wanted.

But it is probably the case that we gave a LOT of resolved issues
that have never been marked as closed. I see 42 resolved quite some
time ago from JustinCC for example that are not yet closed.  6 from
Melanie,12 from Diva, 7 from Robert Adams, 7 from Mata Hari, 16 from
Orenh, 8 from Bluewall.  Some are ancient now.

Can we clear the lot to closed?  New issues would be more useful and
can always be linked to these older ones if relevant.

I would be happy to do that on Mantis to tidy things up unless I get
a "don't" from anyone?

Re: OpenSim mantis - Resolved and Closed

Melanie-2
Sounds good. A new Mantis safari!

- Melanie

On 17/08/2015 21:15, Ai Austin wrote:

> I was just taking a look at the outstanding open issues that I have
> reported on mantis and a few were marked as resolved but not
> closed.  Of course its useful sometimes to leave issues open for a
> while after they are thought to be resolved in case there might be
> feedback and checks that the resolution created works.  Using the
> mantis "Close Immediately" tick box is not always a good choice where
> that is wanted.
>
> But it is probably the case that we gave a LOT of resolved issues
> that have never been marked as closed. I see 42 resolved quite some
> time ago from JustinCC for example that are not yet closed.  6 from
> Melanie,12 from Diva, 7 from Robert Adams, 7 from Mata Hari, 16 from
> Orenh, 8 from Bluewall.  Some are ancient now.
>
> Can we clear the lot to closed?  New issues would be more useful and
> can always be linked to these older ones if relevant.
>
> I would be happy to do that on Mantis to tidy things up unless I get
> a "don't" from anyone?

Re: OpenSim mantis - Resolved and Closed

Mister Blue
There had been a convention of the fixing developer to set a mantis entry 'resolved' but letting the original submitter accept the resolution and doing the 'close'.

While a reasonable process, not many submitters knew about it.

I think we can close the resolved issues and, if the submitter doesn't think it is really resolved, it can be reopened (the less frequent action).

== mb

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Melanie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds good. A new Mantis safari!

- Melanie

On 17/08/2015 21:15, Ai Austin wrote:
> I was just taking a look at the outstanding open issues that I have
> reported on mantis and a few were marked as resolved but not
> closed.  Of course its useful sometimes to leave issues open for a
> while after they are thought to be resolved in case there might be
> feedback and checks that the resolution created works.  Using the
> mantis "Close Immediately" tick box is not always a good choice where
> that is wanted.
>
> But it is probably the case that we gave a LOT of resolved issues
> that have never been marked as closed. I see 42 resolved quite some
> time ago from JustinCC for example that are not yet closed.  6 from
> Melanie,12 from Diva, 7 from Robert Adams, 7 from Mata Hari, 16 from
> Orenh, 8 from Bluewall.  Some are ancient now.
>
> Can we clear the lot to closed?  New issues would be more useful and
> can always be linked to these older ones if relevant.
>
> I would be happy to do that on Mantis to tidy things up unless I get
> a "don't" from anyone?

Re: OpenSim mantis - Resolved and Closed

Diva Canto
+1 on Mantis safari

On 8/18/2015 7:06 AM, Mister Blue wrote:
There had been a convention of the fixing developer to set a mantis entry 'resolved' but letting the original submitter accept the resolution and doing the 'close'.

While a reasonable process, not many submitters knew about it.

I think we can close the resolved issues and, if the submitter doesn't think it is really resolved, it can be reopened (the less frequent action).

== mb

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Melanie <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sounds good. A new Mantis safari!

- Melanie

On 17/08/2015 21:15, Ai Austin wrote:
> I was just taking a look at the outstanding open issues that I have
> reported on mantis and a few were marked as resolved but not
> closed.  Of course its useful sometimes to leave issues open for a
> while after they are thought to be resolved in case there might be
> feedback and checks that the resolution created works.  Using the
> mantis "Close Immediately" tick box is not always a good choice where
> that is wanted.
>
> But it is probably the case that we gave a LOT of resolved issues
> that have never been marked as closed. I see 42 resolved quite some
> time ago from JustinCC for example that are not yet closed.  6 from
> Melanie,12 from Diva, 7 from Robert Adams, 7 from Mata Hari, 16 from
> Orenh, 8 from Bluewall.  Some are ancient now.
>
> Can we clear the lot to closed?  New issues would be more useful and
> can always be linked to these older ones if relevant.
>
> I would be happy to do that on Mantis to tidy things up unless I get
> a "don't" from anyone?

Re: OpenSim mantis - Resolved and Closed

Ai Austin-2
Thanks for the feedback.  I do appreciate MisterBlue's point and its
good to allow a short time to get feedback. But many of these are
very old now...

So, I have made a start... most of the resolved issues looked like
they could safely be closed now, but in any case I added a note to
encourage new reports where the issue arose again.

For some reason 2 resolved issues (both are JustinCC ones) don't how
in the summary to close them. Not sure why those remain...

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/summary_page.php

There are a couple with patches ready from 2013 which I assume no
action is to be taken on. If someone can eyeball those and mark them
as not to be fixed and closed that would be a good tidy up too.

Cheers, Ai