Problem registering region module

Olli Aro
Administrator

Hi all,

I am migrating my old region modules to the latest OpenSim and have problems registering the module with OpenSim. I have added the following lines in my code:

[assembly: Addin("MyModule", "0.1")]

[assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.7")]

[Extension(Path = "/OpenSim/RegionModules", NodeName = "RegionModule", Id = "MySharedModule")]

    public class MyModule : ISharedRegionModule

But when I drop this to OpenSim bin directory and start up OpenSim, the module is not picked up. At the moment I have only the following line in the initialise method:

m_log.Error("[MYMODULE]: hello hello hello");

Any pointers why my module might not be picked up? For example are the modules still put into bin/ or now to some other directory?

Regards,

Olli

Re: Problem registering region module

Olli Aro
Administrator

It seems to be this line:

[assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.7")]

If I keep it as above or remove it completely the dll is ignored.  If I change it to:

[assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.5")]

OpenSim does pick it up at start up, but then crashes with:

12:06:23 - [PLUGINS]: Plugin Loaded: MyModule

12:06:23 - [APPLICATION]:

APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs

Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file

:///C:\opensim\bin\MyModule.dll' or one of its dependencies. This a

ssembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot

be loaded.

Which I assume is because it has gone to some kind of OpenSim 0.5 mode and I have compiled with DLL with 0.7.3 libraries.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Regards,

Olli

Re: Problem registering region module

Dahlia Trimble
Try setting your project target framework to ".NET Framework 3.5", or to whatever version you compiled OpenSim for. It's in the project properties in visual studio under the Application section.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Olli Aro <[hidden email]> wrote:

It seems to be this line:

[...]

justincc
At this point you always need to keep the AddinDependency at 0.5 - this version number is completely separate to the
OpenSimulator version number (confusingly).

On 08/03/12 12:08, Olli Aro wrote:

> It seems to be this line:
>
> [assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.7")]
>
> If I keep it as above or remove it completely the dll is ignored. If I change it to:
>
> [assembly: AddinDependency("OpenSim", "0.5")]
>
> OpenSim does pick it up at start up, but then crashes with:
>
> 12:06:23 - [PLUGINS]: Plugin Loaded: MyModule
>
> 12:06:23 - [APPLICATION]:
>
> APPLICATION EXCEPTION DETECTED: System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs
>
> Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file
>
> :///C:\opensim\bin\MyModule.dll' or one of its dependencies. This a
>
> ssembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot
>
> be loaded.
>
> Which I assume is because it has gone to some kind of OpenSim 0.5 mode and I have compiled with DLL with 0.7.3 libraries.
>
> Any ideas what might be going wrong here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Olli

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: Problem registering region module

Olli Aro
Administrator
Thanks both for your help.

Got it all working in the end with changing by project to .Net framework
3.5.

Regards,

Olli