Proposal: Removal of the Data Framework

Stefan Andersson
As I understand it, we have no longer anything actually using the Data Mapper Framework introduced as a proposed alterantive to NHibernate a year ago.

I propose we now retire that piece of code. These are the projects that will be removed:

* OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper
* OpenSim.Data.MSSQLMapper
* OpenSim.Data.Base

In OpenSim.Data, the following classes would be removed:
* OpenSimDatabaseConnector.cs
* OpenSimDataReader.cs
* OpenSimObjectFieldMapper.cs
* PrimitiveBaseShapeTableMapper.cs

Also, the AvatarFactoryModule erroneously still references these namespaces, but that's a minor fix.

If nobody has a strong objection, I will start removing these files Feb 2 2009.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Re: Proposal: Removal of the Data Framework

Sean Dague-2
Stefan Andersson wrote:

> As I understand it, we have no longer anything actually using the Data Mapper Framework introduced as a proposed alterantive to NHibernate a year ago.
>
> I propose we now retire that piece of code. These are the projects that will be removed:
>
> * OpenSim.Data.MySQLMapper
> * OpenSim.Data.MSSQLMapper
> * OpenSim.Data.Base
> In OpenSim.Data, the following classes would be removed:
> * OpenSimDatabaseConnector.cs
> * OpenSimDataReader.cs
> * OpenSimObjectFieldMapper.cs* PrimitiveBaseShapeTableMapper.cs
>
> Also, the AvatarFactoryModule erroneously still references these namespaces, but that's a minor fix.
>
> If nobody has a strong objection, I will start removing these files Feb 2 2009.
+1, sounds good to me.  Thanks for volunteering for the cleanup.

        -Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade
[hidden email]

Re: Proposal: Removal of the Data Framework

Melanie-2
+1 from me, too