Re: [Opensim-users] Please UCI, help our basic tutorial!‏

Re: [Opensim-users] Please UCI, help our basic tutorial!‏

Cristina Videira Lopes
[changing from -users to -dev, due to not being able to access outgoing email for my opensim-users account]

Americo Damasceno wrote:
Thanks, Diva.

I will use the "ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu 9003". Like the central point (128,128)  that I will define in the tutorial like the "official arriving point for a world" was  "under water"  I have created something like an "hypernaut-port" having an OpenSim flag.  You can see it   at:
Thanks, Americo. Those two gateways right now are open for editing by anyone. I want to keep it open like that, and I appreciate nice content like the one you placed there. However, everyone please keep in mind that those regions are common ground for hypernauts, and they belong to the University of California; don't clutter them, be tasteful, and please don't remove/change anything of what's already there without asking for permission. I will go without technical permissions, and relying on social common sense, for as long as it's sustainable.

(One thing that's clear is that these completely open environments will need a much better support for history recording, i.e. who did what to which objects, sort of like a wiki history page)

Any thing more, Diva. Can you tell us  the configuration of the server and of the communication line ?

They are linux machines, dual-core with 4M of RAM. I don't remember the exact number for the bandwidth but it's some huge number -- the machines are in the university network.

Crista / Diva

Re: [Opensim-users] Please UCI, help our basic tutorial!‏

Bri Hasp
For the birthday event we have two node regions enabled on OSGrid.. Z-Event at 1010 1010 for 1000 centered. It is built with flags, Hypernaut T shirts and 'maps' to Francoland.

Night Song at 10006 10008 'maps' to Ellis, Orion has been very cooperative with gifts and Hypernuat click onward to Germany.

We will add New World,  Olish Newman, this weekend and another well built node this coming week.

Bri

Re: [Opensim-users] Please UCI, help our basic tutorial!‏

Bri Ryan
Saturday typos :(

Z-Event is at 1210 1210 and also has a 'map' to Bacintyme with Franco.
We find that r8088/8087 has superior performance, TP and Hypergrid, to head.

Bri Hasp
the sailboat is not a vehicle

Re: [Opensim-users] Please UCI, help our basic tutorial!‏

Olish Newman

2009/1/25 Brianna <[hidden email]>

We will add New World,  Olish Newman, this weekend and another well built node this coming week.

Bri

Hi all ! :D

As we talked with Bri we were happy to put an Hypergrid node somewhere for New World Grid, but our time have been insufficient for this as we have focused on other things. We are looking for another solution in the mean time that's why we have not announced anything officially.

Olivier BATTINI
aka Olish Newman on New World Grid

http://www.newworldgrid.com