Re: Status of voice

Dr Scofield
we are now looking at voice again more closely --- lots of other stuff kind of
took precedence (i.e., necessary to get funding arranged :-) --- current port of
call is research into a vivox voice module.

--
dr dirk husemann ---- virtual worlds research ---- ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- [hidden email] ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/

Re: Status of voice

Dirk Krause
Regarding voice:  I very much liked the approach of having the Asterisk connection, like you described in your blog entry.  In general, I think SIP etc. is the way to go - I mean how cool is it to pick up a phone and call into an OpenSim voice meeting?  And also being able to integrate with a softphone? So I hope guys don't lose this vision ...

Other than that - did anybody think about a mumble/murmur integration? Or are there any objections regarding licensing, usage of libraries, etc?

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

Best,
  Dirk/Barth

Re: Status of voice

Dirk Krause
Yes , I found that out too, that's why I asked for a qt free 'command line' version some time ago in their forums, but no dice.

Other than that ...if someone made the mumble client slvoice compatible (whatever that takes ...), then the qt dependencies wouldnt matter that much, since it stays a client app, right?

winmail.dat (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Status of voice

mw-2
Well I guess you could use it, but as you said, it really needs a command line version (with auto hiding of its window, like the normal SLVoice.exe does), rather than a gui versions. Otherwise the user is going to see the gui everytime they login.

Dirk Krause wrote:
> Regarding voice:  I very much liked the approach of having the Asterisk connection, like you described in your blog entry.  In general, I think SIP etc. is the way to go - I mean how cool is it to pick up a phone and call into an OpenSim voice meeting?  And also being able to integrate with a softphone? So I hope guys don't lose this vision ...

personally, i agree a 100% :-)