Re: Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Re: Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Tommy Anderberg
> So, after a lot of brainstorming and researching what's available, we've
> now zoomed in on two main pieces: Xenko (https://xenko.com/) and
> Chromiumfx (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src/default/).
> The project will be in C#, so there's already a ton of code that we can
> grab from OpenSim and libomv. All of these pieces are open source with
> friendly licenses.

Christmas comes early this year. Xenko and OpenSim really look like a
great fit.

Can you already tell whether ChromiumFX is able to live happily in VR
too? If not, it would be nice to have a clean interface between content
rendering and UI, so ChromiumFX can easily be swapped out for something
else if/when the need arises.

Re: Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Melanie-2
The company I work for is using this exact combination in VR. The fact that Diva has chosen to go with it wasn't even prompted by me, she determined it as the top choice herself. It works extremely well, in fact. ---- On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 14:03:40 +0000 Tommy Anderberg <[hidden email]> wrote ---- > So, after a lot of brainstorming and researching what's available, we've > now zoomed in on two main pieces: Xenko (https://xenko.com/) and > Chromiumfx (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src/default/). > The project will be in C#, so there's already a ton of code that we can > grab from OpenSim and libomv. All of these pieces are open source with > friendly licenses. Christmas comes early this year. Xenko and OpenSim really look like a great fit. Can you already tell whether ChromiumFX is able to live happily in VR too? If not, it would be nice to have a clean interface between content rendering and UI, so ChromiumFX can easily be swapped out for something else if/when the need arises. _______________________________________________ Opensim-dev mailing list [hidden email] http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

Re: Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Diva Canto
It wasn't me who decided this :)
So that everyone knows, we've been brainstorming within the core dev
channel, looking at options together. Ubit has been doing a lot of
researching, and he single-handily made the UE-viewer come to life in UE
4.21; Nebadon, as usual, has been trying and testing out everything;
Misterblue, Plugh and AliciaRaven have been there discussing options;
Melanie, as always, has been shedding light into where to look.

On 12/23/2018 8:44 AM, Melanie wrote:
> The company I work for is using this exact combination in VR. The fact that Diva has chosen to go with it wasn't even prompted by me, she determined it as the top choice herself. It works extremely well, in fact. ---- On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 14:03:40 +0000 Tommy Anderberg <[hidden email]> wrote ---- > So, after a lot of brainstorming and researching what's available, we've > now zoomed in on two main pieces: Xenko (https://xenko.com/) and > Chromiumfx (https://bitbucket.org/chromiumfx/chromiumfx/src/default/). > The project will be in C#, so there's already a ton of code that we can > grab from OpenSim and libomv. All of these pieces are open source with > friendly licenses. Christmas comes early this year. Xenko and OpenSim really look like a great fit. Can you already tell whether ChromiumFX is able to live happily in VR too? If not, it would be nice to have a clean interface between content rendering and UI, so ChromiumFX can easily be swapped out for something else if/when the need arises. _______________________________________________ Opensim-dev mailing list [hidden email] http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

Re: Unreal viewer: summoning the coders (Diva Canto)

Michel Beauregard
I think the xmass gift of 2018 is to read all of you so excited in opensimdev . Congratulation for  Melanie to have kick this off in OSCC18  and many thanks to all.
Best wishes to opensim 2019...
GiMiSa