Regions.ini and FCDN....

silverj

I hope this problem can be solved. I am owner of SIMVALLEY (http://www.simvalley.nl) and are running my grid behind a FW. Since I started SIMVALLEY more the 6 years ago I had always put the IP address in as ExternalHostName. I have seen more questions in the past about this but dont remember to see a solution.

I am running split DNS so it is for security reason more handy to use FCDN in the Regions.ini then IP addresses. Is it possible to implement in the next version the Full Qualified Domain Name instead of the IP address?

It will help a lot and makes running a grid behind a FireWall and Split DNS much more easier and confirm the way other services are used on the Internet.

With regards,

John