Release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.9.0.0

Release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.9.0.0

Diva Canto
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the much awaited release 0.9.0.0 of OpenSimulator!

As usual, the release packages can be found in [1], as well as on the
front page of the the project's web site. The release notes can be found
in [2].

For those who have not been following the development branch, we caution
to be extra careful with upgrading your grids this time, as there are
almost 2 years-worth of changes in this release. A good practice is to
deploy it on a test grid first, and then deploy it for production.

Best,
Diva
(Diva distro / Wifi will follow soon)

[1] http://dist.opensimulator.org/
[2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.9.0.0_Release (The release notes are
still a work in progress, but they list the main changes)

Re: Release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.9.0.0

Nick Zwart - 3DLES
Thanks for all the work.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
3DLES
Fluitekruidlaan 25
3925 SB Scherpenzeel Gld (NL)
tel. +31 (0)33 4480070
mobiel +31 (0)6 10577016
email: [hidden email]
skype: nick.j.zwart
site: www.3dles.com
= = = = = = = = = = = =

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the much awaited release 0.9.0.0 of OpenSimulator!
>
> As usual, the release packages can be found in [1], as well as on the
> front page of the the project's web site. The release notes can be found in
> [2].
>
> For those who have not been following the development branch, we caution
> to be extra careful with upgrading your grids this time, as there are
> almost 2 years-worth of changes in this release. A good practice is to
> deploy it on a test grid first, and then deploy it for production.
>
> Best,
> Diva
> (Diva distro / Wifi will follow soon)
>
> [1] http://dist.opensimulator.org/
> [2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.9.0.0_Release (The release notes are
> still a work in progress, but they list the main changes)

Re: Release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.9.0.0

Kurt Pudniks
wow thanks also for all the work! the new bullet work is well timed for the new grid engine :)

Kurt Pudniks BE (Hons) BSc (Hons)
Director | Digital Physics Pty Ltd
http://digitalphysics.com.au
ABN 41164052484
DUNS  748087251
NCAGE     Z0YQ9

Sent from my iPhone

> On 16 Aug 2017, at 5:35 pm, Nick Zwart - 3DLES <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks for all the work.
>

> = = = = = = = = = = = =
> 3DLES
> Fluitekruidlaan 25
> 3925 SB Scherpenzeel Gld (NL)
> tel. +31 (0)33 4480070
> mobiel +31 (0)6 10577016
> email: [hidden email]
> skype: nick.j.zwart
> site: www.3dles.com
> = = = = = = = = = = = =

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm pleased to announce the much awaited release 0.9.0.0 of OpenSimulator!
>>
>> As usual, the release packages can be found in [1], as well as on the
>> front page of the the project's web site. The release notes can be found in
>> [2].
>>
>> For those who have not been following the development branch, we caution
>> to be extra careful with upgrading your grids this time, as there are
>> almost 2 years-worth of changes in this release. A good practice is to
>> deploy it on a test grid first, and then deploy it for production.
>>
>> Best,
>> Diva
>> (Diva distro / Wifi will follow soon)
>>
>> [1] http://dist.opensimulator.org/
>> [2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.9.0.0_Release (The release notes are
>> still a work in progress, but they list the main changes)

Re: Release announcement: OpenSimulator 0.9.0.0

Ai Austin-2
Great to see 0.9.0.0 released.

Can someone with the right authority change the Github tags and
download file name elements from 0.9.0. to 0.9.1 - dev master
downloads post the 0.9.0.0 release still show as

      opensim-0.9.0-1655-g2181604.zip

Though for some the dev master has reported a version number of "0.9.1.0 Dev"