Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Ramesh Ramloll
Hello,
Does anyone know if there are rigged mesh avatars available for opensim? I
found one shop on a grid that offers avatars that look very similar to SL
ones but it is not clear if they are legit or not.
Regards,
Ramesh

LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

KayakerMagic
There are several, "Ruth 2.0" is a completely open source one. Available
from github at https://github.com/RuthAndRoth or packaged ready-to wear
from many places. There is RuthandRoth island in OSGrid where you can
get  that.

Athena is a free mesh body that is only available in a ready-to wear
form in many places. I've most recently seen it in a Botique on
Escapades in OSGrid, along with some clothes for it.

I've heard of others, but I'm sure the two above are free and not
copy-botted.

On 8/18/2019 3:34 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know if there are rigged mesh avatars available for opensim? I
> found one shop on a grid that offers avatars that look very similar to SL
> ones but it is not clear if they are legit or not.
> Regards,
> Ramesh
>
> LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Fritigern Gothly
On Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:34:30 PM PDT Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know if there are rigged mesh avatars available for opensim?

Look into Ruth2.0/RuthToo, that is the only legit human mesh body that I know of
for OpenSim.

> I found one shop on a grid that offers avatars that look very similar to SL
> ones but it is not clear if they are legit or not.

If the name of that grid starts with an S, then I am pretty darn certain that it is not
legit.
The body which they hand out upon login, is similar to the Slink body, down to the
heart which serves as a root prim. And the heads seem to be very similar to the
Catwa heads, most notably the Catya head from Catwa.
I am 99.9% convinced that this content is not legit at all.

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Grid Master
There are a few , but also some questionable ones ...

There is an opensource project .
https://github.com/RuthAndRoth

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sunday, August 18, 2019 3:52:09 PM PDT Mike Higgins wrote:

> Athena is a free mesh body that is only available in a ready-to wear
> form in many places

[...]

> I've heard of others, but I'm sure the two above are free and not
> copy-botted.

Are you absolutely certain of that? I would invite you to compare Athena
the SLink bodies on SL.

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Grid Master
Athena , legit?

I have not laughed so hard in a long time ...

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 6:52 PM Mike Higgins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are several, "Ruth 2.0" is a completely open source one. Available
> from github at https://github.com/RuthAndRoth or packaged ready-to wear
> from many places. There is RuthandRoth island in OSGrid where you can
> get  that.
>
> Athena is a free mesh body that is only available in a ready-to wear
> form in many places. I've most recently seen it in a Botique on
> Escapades in OSGrid, along with some clothes for it.
>
> I've heard of others, but I'm sure the two above are free and not
> copy-botted.
>
> On 8/18/2019 3:34 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Does anyone know if there are rigged mesh avatars available for opensim?
> > found one shop on a grid that offers avatars that look very similar to SL
> > ones but it is not clear if they are legit or not.
> > Regards,
> > Ramesh
> >
> > LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Mike Lorrey
yeah the Athena body is botted. Sac_____ grid is nothing but a copybotter
grid, and a justification for why it should be easy for grids to block
avatars from a given grid, and block their own members from going  there.
Changing a few verts, taking a botted skin and subdividing its faces then
cleaning them up will add some randomization to the vertex map, but it
won't erase the fact that at least half the verts remaining are in the same
exact position as the original botted mesh. THey arent fooling anyone who
has any clue about mesh design.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 7:02 PM Grid Master <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Athena , legit?
>
> I have not laughed so hard in a long time ...
>
> <
> >
> Virus-free.
> <

> On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 6:52 PM Mike Higgins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > There are several, "Ruth 2.0" is a completely open source one. Available
> > from github at https://github.com/RuthAndRoth or packaged ready-to wear
> > from many places. There is RuthandRoth island in OSGrid where you can
> > get  that.
> >
> > Athena is a free mesh body that is only available in a ready-to wear
> > form in many places. I've most recently seen it in a Botique on
> > Escapades in OSGrid, along with some clothes for it.
> >
> > I've heard of others, but I'm sure the two above are free and not
> > copy-botted.
> >
> > On 8/18/2019 3:34 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > Does anyone know if there are rigged mesh avatars available for
> opensim?
> > > found one shop on a grid that offers avatars that look very similar to
> SL
> > > ones but it is not clear if they are legit or not.
> > > Regards,
> > > Ramesh
> > >
> > > LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Mike Lorrey
CEO Galactic Systems, Inc
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

International Spaceflight Museum
[hidden email]
Skype: michael.lorrey
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikelorrey

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Kevin Cozens
On 2019-08-18 6:54 p.m., Grid Master wrote:
> https://github.com/RuthAndRoth

I hear about Roth now and then but where do you find it? The link above only
has Ruth. Is Roth still in development or only available from an SL website?

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Sean Hennessee-2
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 7:44 AM Kevin Cozens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2019-08-18 6:54 p.m., Grid Master wrote:
> > https://github.com/RuthAndRoth
>
> I hear about Roth now and then but where do you find it? The link above
> only
> has Ruth. Is Roth still in development or only available from an SL
> website?

For OpenSim:
*Both* RuthToo and RothToo can be found here:
http://grid.hgluv.com:8302/Bombshell/45/16/22
and here:
http://login.osgrid.org/Wright%20Plaza/208/16/21
and here:
http://login.osgrid.org/RuthAndRoth/150/138/21
and here:
http://grid.hgluv.com:8302/Luv%20Plaza/58/186/27

For SecondLife:
RuthToo and RothToo can be found here:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/107/176/28

Both RuthToo and RothToo are also available on GitHub here:
https://github.com/ocsean/RuthToo
and here:
https://github.com/ocsean/RothToo
GitHub includes OpenSim IAR inventory saves of each.

~Sean

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Grid Master
Or if you actually explore the repo ..

https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Ruth/tree/master/Mesh/Avatar%20Roth

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:43 AM Kevin Cozens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2019-08-18 6:54 p.m., Grid Master wrote:
> > https://github.com/RuthAndRoth
>
> I hear about Roth now and then but where do you find it? The link above
> only
> has Ruth. Is Roth still in development or only available from an SL
> website?
>
> --
> Cheers!
>
> Kevin.
>
> http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
> https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
>                                      | that's why we're powerful"
> Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
> #include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: Rigged mesh avatars in opensim

Michel Beauregard
I have used SL BENTO release as per following web link  since 2017 from  SL web site. As far as I know  from the bottom of that page its :Copyright © 2019 Linden Research, Inc. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Project_Bento_Resources_and_Information
In the above page you will find a link to avastar which you can easly get if your serious in creating mesh body or animation as it simplifies the job putty much for the price.
In any case using avastar or not you can get the mesh rig dae files at the following link.

https://blog.machinimatrix.org/avatar-workbench/
 I did a few tutorial on my own experience  with the above using blender only . Creating body for astronaut rig or layered body as well as Rex the dog.  I also did tuto for their animation for waking,  tail swing or human  3 fingers salut.

Hope it helps

GiMiSa