SAML Idp Sdp

Sebastián Castillo Carrión
Hi

I want to develop SAML/Idp/Sdp authentication in OpenSim, so when an user wants to login, it can be done using the university email.

I suppose I have to modify client code, and also server, but actually I am more concerned about the client. Do you know if there is any client of opensim which has this feature supported?

In case of negative answer, which client do you recommend me to develop with?

Regards,
Sebastian.

Re: SAML Idp Sdp

Teravus Ovares
Back in the early days of OpenSimulator, the client would;  do....  what
the client would do...   and connect to the configured grid services.   The
responsibility for authentication was on the grid services.

If I was going to implement a SAML identity provider, I would start there,
with the Grid Services.     Now, remember, even if you don't have a ROBUST
grid infrastructure and have a standalone simulator...    your standalone
simulator implements the grid services required to connect with a client.

Hopefully this is helpful to your cause.

Teravus

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 5:41 AM Sebastián Castillo Carrión <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to develop SAML/Idp/Sdp authentication in OpenSim, so when an user
> wants to login, it can be done using the university email.
>
> I suppose I have to modify client code, and also server, but actually I am
> more concerned about the client. Do you know if there is any client of
> opensim which has this feature supported?
>
> In case of negative answer, which client do you recommend me to develop
> with?
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian.

Re: SAML Idp Sdp