Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Ai Austin-2
I have a suggestion to make a small change to the default
osslEnable.ini... it relates to a change from the default needed to
let Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance Controller to work
without changes to the defaults...  These two parameters are the
relevant ones... the default is they are set false...

Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =     false
Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =     false

If this could be altered to the following without anyone feeling this
is too "dangerous" it would be nice not to have to make this small
change where this popular controller is use in OpenSim.

; For NPC devices such as Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance
Controllers...
Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =     ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER
Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =     ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER

Re: Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Shaun T. Erickson-2
+1

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 5:52 AM Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a suggestion to make a small change to the default
> osslEnable.ini... it relates to a change from the default needed to
> let Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance Controller to work
> without changes to the defaults...  These two parameters are the
> relevant ones... the default is they are set false...
>
> Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =     false
> Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =     false
>
> If this could be altered to the following without anyone feeling this
> is too "dangerous" it would be nice not to have to make this small
> change where this popular controller is use in OpenSim.
>
> ; For NPC devices such as Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance
> Controllers...
> Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =     ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER
> Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =     ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER

Re: Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Melanie-2
These were specifically disabled because they can be used to harass or put avatars into compromising positions without their consent. The dance controller should be using the LL function, requiring the user to give permission to be animated. Changing this as a default would probably cause it to be abused. - Melanie ---- On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:47:14 +0000 Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote ---- I have a suggestion to make a small change to the default osslEnable.ini... it relates to a change from the default needed to let Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance Controller to work without changes to the defaults... These two parameters are the relevant ones... the default is they are set false... Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation = false Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation = false If this could be altered to the following without anyone feeling this is too "dangerous" it would be nice not to have to make this small change where this popular controller is use in OpenSim. ; For NPC devices such as Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance Controllers... Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation = ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation = ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER _______________________________________________ Opensim-dev mailing list [hidden email] http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

Re: Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Aine
Of course switching the dance controller to use LL functions specifically defeats the purpose of the item which is to allow a single script to control multiple dancers and multiple couples simultaneously instead of requiring one script per dancer and the flurry of llMessageLinked calls, etc. That can only be achieved using OSSL.
If you'd like to add a new set of functions osAvatarPlayAnimationPerm() and osAvatarStopAniamtionPerm() that gives the utility of the ossl functions yet requires permissions I would be happy to update the script to use that. It would require a script to be able to somehow ask and track permissions for multiple avatars though, so I am going to guess that it's beyond the scope/interest of the devs interst in coding.
I do, however, completely agree with Melanie's objection. Those functions are definitely able to be abused, and should remain something that a region owner should deliberately have to set rather than being enabled by default.
LACM

    On Thursday, July 19, 2018 8:45 AM, Shaun T. Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:

 +1

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 5:52 AM Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a suggestion to make a small change to the default
> osslEnable.ini... it relates to a change from the default needed to
> let Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance Controller to work
> without changes to the defaults...  These two parameters are the
> relevant ones... the default is they are set false...
>
> Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =    false
> Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =    false
>
> If this could be altered to the following without anyone feeling this
> is too "dangerous" it would be nice not to have to make this small
> change where this popular controller is use in OpenSim.
>
> ; For NPC devices such as Mata Hari/Aine Caoimhe's Paramour Dance
> Controllers...
> Allow_osAvatarPlayAnimation =    ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER
> Allow_osAvatarStopAnimation =    ESTATE_MANAGER,ESTATE_OWNER

Re: Small change suggestion for default osslEnable.ini

Michel Beauregard
Please note the AIne danse ball that I know requires a touch action  by the people that want to use it. The fact is use by LSL to temper the degree of treat a function has.

I would like to present to you the example of llMapDestination. For those of  you not familiar with it here is the reference ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlMapDestination ) Its equivalent LSL  function is llTeleportAgent which require a permission system and it equivalent  OSL function osTeleportAgent has severe treat level .
The interesting thing about llMapDestination is that it does not require a permission nor poses a severe treat level   because its only allowed in a touch function as described in the function heading .
                                                        "Only works for scripts attached to avatar, or during touch events."

GiMiSa