no git updates..??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

no git updates..??

OpenSimFan
no git updates..??

last commit on Mon Sep 14 23:37:39 2015
_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
_________________________________________
Keep up the good work.!!!


My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Garmin Kawaguichi
And last commit for avinationmerge on 2015-10-01 15:47:32 (change
GetNewRezLocation …)

MML

> no git updates..??
>
> last commit on Mon Sep 14 23:37:39 2015
>
_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Kevin Cozens
On 15-10-10 11:21 AM, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
> And last commit for avinationmerge on 2015-10-01 15:47:32 (change
> GetNewRezLocation …)

You need to update your copy of the avination merge branch. The last commit
was on October 8.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick
_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Fly Man
Perhaps the person that setup the Github integration is willing to make sure that the avinationmerge tree is also synced with Github then ?

2015-10-10 18:15 GMT+02:00 Kevin Cozens <[hidden email]>:
On 15-10-10 11:21 AM, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
And last commit for avinationmerge on 2015-10-01 15:47:32 (change
GetNewRezLocation …)

You need to update your copy of the avination merge branch. The last commit was on October 8.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev


_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Garmin Kawaguichi
in Opensim cloned today:
What I see in avinationmerge's history:
Last: 2015-10-01 15:47:32 change GetNewRezLocation physics ray results processing (2abe1ccc59a9d9715a534509631ada86fec6497e (1)

What I see in All Branch History
in remotes/origin/avinationmerge
Last 2015-10-14 05:06:17 fix a typo.. 8d7fa62088d55e9bf714f1fa78646e216593c100 (2)

The difference of repositories explains why the checkout of avitionmerge stops at (1).

Conclusion: master is blocked waiting for a merge with avination; avination stopped and continues on remote / origin / avinationmerge ???

GCI

Le 14/10/2015 16:48, Fly Man a écrit :
Perhaps the person that setup the Github integration is willing to make sure that the avinationmerge tree is also synced with Github then ?

2015-10-10 18:15 GMT+02:00 Kevin Cozens <[hidden email]>:
On 15-10-10 11:21 AM, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
And last commit for avinationmerge on 2015-10-01 15:47:32 (change
GetNewRezLocation …)

You need to update your copy of the avination merge branch. The last commit was on October 8.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev



_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Diva Canto
As I said in this message:
http://opensimulator.org/pipermail/opensim-dev/2015-September/026045.html

the avination code donation is unusual and requires a special process to handle it. As explained, that process includes having a separate branch to make sure everything works, and keeping the master branch more or less stable and with as few changes as possible during this time, so that we don't have to deal with merge conflicts that make the code unstable again. This happened at a convenient time (e.g. I have been traveling and busy with other things, it looks like other core devs are also busy with other things).

I encourage everyone wanting to speed up the process of merging things back to master to follow and test the avinationmerge branch. There's only so much the core devs and testers can do; the merge will not happen until we are pretty sure that nothing important is broken or missing.

On 10/14/2015 8:51 AM, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
in Opensim cloned today:
What I see in avinationmerge's history:
Last: 2015-10-01 15:47:32 change GetNewRezLocation physics ray results processing (2abe1ccc59a9d9715a534509631ada86fec6497e (1)

What I see in All Branch History
in remotes/origin/avinationmerge
Last 2015-10-14 05:06:17 fix a typo.. 8d7fa62088d55e9bf714f1fa78646e216593c100 (2)

The difference of repositories explains why the checkout of avitionmerge stops at (1).

Conclusion: master is blocked waiting for a merge with avination; avination stopped and continues on remote / origin / avinationmerge ???

GCI

Le 14/10/2015 16:48, Fly Man a écrit :
Perhaps the person that setup the Github integration is willing to make sure that the avinationmerge tree is also synced with Github then ?

2015-10-10 18:15 GMT+02:00 Kevin Cozens <[hidden email]>:
On 15-10-10 11:21 AM, GarminKawaguichi wrote:
And last commit for avinationmerge on 2015-10-01 15:47:32 (change
GetNewRezLocation …)

You need to update your copy of the avination merge branch. The last commit was on October 8.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev



_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev


_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev


_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

OpenSimFan
In reply to this post by OpenSimFan
like diva said, i don't think its safe to merge avination code with
opensimulator code until its stable. And avination code is totally
different than opensimulator code...


André
_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
_________________________________________
Keep up the good work.!!!


My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: no git updates..??

Diva Canto
It's not completely different... But it introduces many small, but
important, changes pretty much everywhere -- from stronger checks to
compliance with LSL to a different ODE physics, etc.The surface area
touched by the avination donation is very large. That's what's special
about it -- the surface area; not avination being completely different
from core opensim. It's small changes in lots of places.

In summary: it's a special code donation and it needs a special process
to be integrated; when we merge it with master, everyone can be sure
that things will work at least as expected and hopefully better.

On 10/14/2015 11:37 AM, André Verwijs wrote:

> like diva said, i don't think its safe to merge avination code with
> opensimulator code until its stable. And avination code is totally
> different than opensimulator code...
>
>
> André
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev

_______________________________________________
Opensim-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://opensimulator.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev
Loading...