openSim on AARCH64 48 Core ThunderX !

fmotta
Well, I had sometime to play around with a GigaByte MT30 system which is based on 48 ARM 64 bit cores and on-chip - well most peripheral controllers are on chip!

So, I decided to get OpenSim running and today, it works.  Actually, no real work on my part other than rebuilding OpenSim from code (it may not be needed - but, I am testing).

So, if mono has a decent treading model and OpenSim effectively uses a multi-core (48) system, then this very low TCO system would be outstanding!

Re: openSim on AARCH64 48 Core ThunderX !

fmotta
This post was updated on .
OK - I grabbed the FreebieMall.tgz OAR and loaded it and made a video of the console, htop and FireStorm running one login.

I seem to have one problem which I cannot explain... most textures of the clothes on my avatar are unrendered even those I 'purchase' at the FreebieMall.  The clothes textures appear when I am in the edit avatar mode - and eventually the avi goes back to white.

I see textures on buildings. pictures, landscape, ... - just not the avatar.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this behavior?