opensim.ini / robust.ini [AccessControl]

opensim.ini / robust.ini [AccessControl]

Michel Beauregard
It might interest some to know that the accessControl feature found in configuation files  seem to be broken in version 0901 .

[AccessControl]

;# {AllowedClients} {} {Bar (|) separated list of allowed clients} {}  ;; Bar (|) separated list of viewers which may gain access to the regions.  ;; One can use a substring of the viewer name to enable only certain  ;; versions  ;; Example: Agent uses the viewer "Imprudence 1.3.2.0"  ;; - "Imprudence" has access  ;; - "Imprudence 1.3" has access  ;; - "Imprudence 1.3.1" has no access  ; AllowedClients = ""Does not seem to work as intended anymore in version  0901,  It use to be that the version data would be presented in the form Imprudence 1.3.2.0 So it could be validated with the different spelling  presented in the example. But version 0901 present the version only of the viewer in the data in the form without viewer name:1.3.2.0
 This makes the viewer rejected if presented like the first example because it does not match the data receive in version field.
 - "Imprudence" has access   <<< incorrectly rejected. hope it helps

GiMiSa

Re: opensim.ini / robust.ini [AccessControl]

Grid Master
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=commit&p=opensim&h=f9a2fbed83a33a5734fbd566f356b1fb67dd2c11

This was changed a bit a while back ..

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 9:33 PM Michel Beauregard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It might interest some to know that the accessControl feature found in
> configuation files  seem to be broken in version 0901 .
>

> [AccessControl]
>
> ;# {AllowedClients} {} {Bar (|) separated list of allowed clients} {}  ;;
> Bar (|) separated list of viewers which may gain access to the regions.  ;;
> One can use a substring of the viewer name to enable only certain  ;;
> versions  ;; Example: Agent uses the viewer "Imprudence 1.3.2.0"  ;; -
> "Imprudence" has access  ;; - "Imprudence 1.3" has access  ;; - "Imprudence
> 1.3.1" has no access  ; AllowedClients = ""Does not seem to work as
> intended anymore in version  0901,  It use to be that the version data
> would be presented in the form Imprudence 1.3.2.0 So it could be validated
> with the different spelling  presented in the example. But version 0901
> present the version only of the viewer in the data in the form without
> viewer name:1.3.2.0
>  This makes the viewer rejected if presented like the first example
> because it does not match the data receive in version field.
>  - "Imprudence" has access   <<< incorrectly rejected. hope it helps
>
> GiMiSa

thanks

Michel Beauregard
thanks  Ubit for the great work you do .

I understand and appreciate  that you and a number of your pair developers have been  progressing with opensimulator coding  correcting and improving the current release  0.9.0.1  dates June 30, 2018.

I agree that  people like me that cant compile their version directly can use  opensim last auto build with more or less success :  http://opensimulator.org/dist/OpenSim-LastAutoBuild.zip

or try  :
metro : https://hypergrid.org/download/metropolis-os_091_DEV_PLUS.zip
neverworld: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wx6vmsi9twbfxy/Neverworld_region_server.zip/file